The following video presents Toronto Tech Startup:
“Toronto’s vibrant technology startup community. Those familiar with the community will tell you that it boasts some of the brightest minds in the business — entrepreneurs, mentors and financiers. In many respects, it can be compared to the emerging tech communities in New York City or Tel Aviv. The difference, however, is that Toronto lacks both local public awareness and a unifying voice and identity for its indigenous startup community.
This film gives you a general insight and the feel for what’s taking place in the Toronto tech culture. You Will hear several perspectives and see the role of some of the key players driving the growth of e-commence in Toronto and across Canada.”
Here are some exciting 2016 news for entrepreneurs.
StartUp HERE Toronto
To support the growing startup community along the broader Toronto-Waterloo innovation corridor in Ontario, Canada, the City of Toronto recently launched a website, startupheretoronto.com, which showcases Toronto’s startup news and events all in one place.
- The StartUp HERE Toronto website was built and will be managed in partnership with Toronto startups, incubators, accelerators, funders and educational institutions.
- To learn why Toronto is the place to build and grow your startup, please visit http://startupheretoronto.com/why-here/ .
City of Toronto Mayor John Tory will travel to Kitchener-Waterloo on March 23 as part of his work with City of Kitchener Mayor Berry Vrbanovic to promote increased collaboration and improved connections between the regions.
- Also, the two mayors will participate in a dual city mission to San Francisco and Silicon Valley in April, where they will communicate the region’s strengths, encourage investment and promote the Toronto-Waterloo regional corridor as an important home to talent and innovation.
There are four key items that will inform the city’s innovation agenda: talent attraction and retention; civic engagement, developing Toronto’s reputation as a digital testing ground, and creating an innovation friendly regulatory and procurement environment.
Startup Finance Events in Canada: FREE admissions
Startup Canada invites you to join them for the FREE Startup Finance events, in Canada, which will equip you with the tools, resources, and mentorship to grow a sustainable, scalable and fully fundable enterprise. This program is delivered by Startup Canada, in partnership with Intuit Canada and the Fundica Roadshow. Refreshments will be provided.
- Inspiring keynotes from well-known local entrepreneurs
- Expert panels sharing insights on Canada’s funding continuum
- Breakout sessions on starting up, making the perfect pitch, scaling up, and business modeling
- QuickBooks Crash Courses
- Mentor mash-ups featuring expertise on starting up lean, opening a bank account, angels, venture capitalists, crowdfunding, accelerators, taxes and business valuation
“Disclaimer: By registering for this event, you agree your information (name, address, and email address) will be available for use by Startup Canada, Intuit Canada, and the local organizer, to better connect you to services to help you grow your business.“
- Date: February 25 at 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM (EST)
- Location: Telus Centre for Performance and Learning | 25 York Street, Toronto, Ontario M5J 2V5, Canada
- If you can’t make it to the event, join them for a virtual live stream of the Startup Finance event in Toronto, February 25, where you’ll be able to listen in on the experience. Please register for the Startup Finance Toronto LIVE stream at http://www.startupcan.ca/ourwork/startup-finance-live-toronto/ . You will receive a link to the live stream the day of the event.
- Registration for the in-person Startup Finance Toronto event at http://www.startupcan.ca/ourwork/startup-finance-toronto/ .
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Event Continue reading ““startupheretoronto.com” is a New Website & Startup Finance Events 2016 in Canada at No Cost”