This video shows a portion of a new bike path that starts from Finch Ave. West & Wilmington (intersection) to Finch TTC Subway Station in Toronto, Ontario, Canada:
We are informed by Cyclometer that there is a Bikeway Network New Trails meeting tomorrow regarding the Proposed New Trail Connections in Toronto, as follows:
Meeting Date: Monday February 6, 2012
Time: 5:30 pm – 7:30 pm
Location:Northern District Public Library, 40 Orchard View Blvd. (one block north of Eglinton Ave. one half block west of Yonge St.)
If you use facebook, you can comment on the meeting’s facebook event wall to share your thoughts.
Here are the details of this public meeting:
- During the summer of 2011, Transportation Services Staff did audits of the existing major multi-use trail network and assessed the viability of new trail connections.
- Trail viability was based on existing conditions and a re-evaluation of the proposed trail network as detailed in the 2001 Toronto Bike Plan.
- Meeting Purpose
- The focus of this meeting is major multi-use trails City-wide.
- Transportation staff have prioritized future projects, based on consultations with internal stakeholders.
- With the viability of major future trail connections ranked internally, Toronto would like to hear from cyclists, to assess the priorities of the cycling community and build on local knowledge.
- Also, Transportation Staff are developing a Trails report, and invite the cycling community to review staff recommendations prior to its submission to the Public Works and Infrastructure Committee.
- The Public Works and Infrastructure Committee will receive the Trails Plan developed by Transportation Services – Cycling Infrastructure on Wednesday March 21, 2012.
If you are unable to attend the meeting, but would like to submit feedback please review the above map of new trail connections, and email firstname.lastname@example.org by February 24, 2012.
Also, information on new trail projects will be posted on an ongoing basis to