This CTV news video presents “Government reveals new details for Ontario Place revitalization.”
- “Michael Chan, minister of tourism, culture and sport, spoke about a new urban park and waterfront trail that will be part of the Ontario Place revitalization project.”
Ontario recently selected the design team that will transform approximately 7.5 acres of the east island into a vibrant urban park and waterfront trail.
- Located along a portion of the east island, the park and trail will transform a section of Ontario Place that was previously used for staff parking and storage.
- The trail will link to the existing 780 kilometre waterfront trail system — stretching from Niagara-on-the-Lake to east of Cornwall.
- The park will be up to 7.5 acres, which is about the size of four BMO fields.
- It will also give residents and visitors access to part of the waterfront that has been closed to the public for more than 40 years.
- The province is aiming to open the urban park and waterfront trail in time for the 2015 Pan Am and Parapan Am Games.
- LANDinc in partnership with West 8 will design the new green space.
The revitalization of Ontario Place is a large and complex project and will be completed in phases.