One Paycheck Away is a one-minute video depicting the growing gap between the rich and the ‘rest of us” in Canada, as shown here:
This is an update to my previous blog Vote For Your Favourite Video: Working Canadians Getting Less While Corporations Getting More Than They Deserve!
Canadian Labour Congress (CLC) announced the following winners of the CLC One Minute Message Ad Contest:
- Poverty Action for Change Coalition (PACC), producer of “One paycheck away” which received the most votes and wins $2,000 in prize money
- Second place goes to the Vancouver District Labour Council Young Workers Committee, who produced “Meet the Corporate Payday, Mr. and Mrs. Canuck” and wins $1,000 in prize money
- The Young Workers Committee was also responsible for another of the five entries selected by our judges to compete for the prize money – “The Trickle Down Effect”.
- The producers of the three other finalists “The Trickle Down Effect”, “Time for corporations and CEOs to pay their fair share of taxes” and “If You’re Like Me” will each receive $250.
Kudos to all the finalists!
You may also want to know:
- “Billions for Business, Pennies for the Poor”: Please Petition Premier McGuinty to Give a $100 Increase to Canadians’ OW and ODSP