The following video presents The 5 most amazing places we saw at Doors Open Toronto:
“Last weekend, curious citizens across the city were given access to a wide range of Toronto’s most interesting buildings at the 13th annual Doors Open Toronto.
The best places we saw include a building that reacts to the weather, the city’s most breathtaking library, the place your tap water comes from, and a massive pile of sugar.
Directed by Graham Runciman for The Grid.”
The 17th annual Doors Open Toronto returns on Saturday, May 28 and Sunday, May 29, 2016, offering FREE and rare access to more than 130 architecturally, historically, culturally and socially significant buildings across the city.
- The Doors Open Toronto 2016 theme of Re-used, Re-visited and Revised will explore the adaptive re-use of buildings throughout Toronto’s architectural history.
The weekend activities kick off on Friday, May 27 at 7:30 p.m. at the Design Exchange with the event’s first-ever keynote speaker, acclaimed designer Karim Rashid.
- His talk The Future of Design will “explore how the future of the aesthetic world will cross all disciplines so that design, art, architecture, fashion, food and music fuse to increase everyone’s experiences and bring greater pleasure to the material and immaterial world.“
- Seats for this event are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
One of the special programming is the “Unlock the City” game.
- Teams of three can pre-register at https://urban-expeditions-test.myshopify.com/collections/toronto/products/game-2-toronto for an exciting four-hour game requiring teamwork, adaptive thinking and strategy as participants navigate the city for a chance to win prizes.
- Prizes are:
1ST PLACE: 3 Android Tablets
2ND PLACE: 3 Via Rail $100 Gift Certificates
3RD PLACE: 3 MEC $50 Gift Cards
To plan your Doors Open Toronto weekend, please visit http://www1.toronto.ca/wps/portal/contentonly?vgnextoid=42eafa2cd4a64410VgnVCM10000071d60f89RCRD for information on FREE special programming, exhibits, walking tours, and talks that can be experienced during the event.
Enjoy and Good Luck! / Profitez-en et bonne chance!
Doors Open Toronto announces exciting lineup of buildings and programming
Doors Open Toronto presented by Great Gulf has announced its lineup of buildings and enhanced programming for May 28 and 29. The 17th annual celebration of design will offer free and rare access to architecturally, historically, culturally and socially significant buildings across Toronto.
This year’s event features more than 130 buildings, including over 40 new participants, an exciting speaker series and citywide walking tours. Details are now available at toronto.ca/doorsopen.
“The city’s buildings come alive during Doors Open Toronto weekend, giving residents the opportunity to discover and explore unique buildings and vibrant neighborhoods,” said Mayor John Tory. “I encourage Torontonians to visit the event’s many destinations, including City Hall.”
“Doors Open Toronto allows the public to learn more about the heritage and design that helps make this city great,” said Councillor Michael Thompson (Ward 37 Scarborough Centre), Chair of the Economic Development Committee. “Each year there are new buildings, walks and other activities for all to experience.”
“Great Gulf is excited to return as presenting sponsor of Doors Open Toronto celebrating architecture, heritage and design. Focused on the intersection of great design and art to enrich the human experience, we share this passion with Doors Open through our commitment to create the best architecturally designed buildings,” said Great Gulf President Christopher Wein. “We encourage you to join us in experiencing this incredible event with members of the international architectural and design community.”
The weekend activities kick off on Friday, May 27 at 7:30 p.m. at the Design Exchange with the event’s first-ever keynote speaker, acclaimed designer Karim Rashid. One of the most prolific and recognized designers of his generation, his talk The Future of Design will explore how the future of the aesthetic world will cross all disciplines so that design, art, architecture, fashion, food and music fuse to increase everyone’s experiences and bring greater pleasure to the material and immaterial world. Seats for this event are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
There are three other talks as part of the OpenInsights Speaker Series, exploring a variety of themes: Architecture is Art?; Bomb Girls – Trading Aprons for Ammo; and Why New Ideas Need Old Buildings.
Toronto City Hall will be a key destination during the Doors Open Toronto weekend from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days. Visitors to the building can experience rare access to the Mayor’s office and the 27th floor observation deck, as well as to the council chamber.
Special programming will include:
• Timelapse Toronto – Visitors prioritize the physical and social infrastructure they would like to see added to the intensifying downtown with this activity sponsored by The Printing House 3D Studio.
• Colour Me Toronto – Visitors can unwind with limited edition colouring pages and learn about the talented Toronto street artists who created them to revitalize the city’s communities through art.
• Unlock the City – Teams of three can pre-register at bit.ly/26tH1A2 for an exciting four-hour game requiring teamwork, adaptive thinking and strategy as participants navigate the city for a chance to win prizes.
Thirteen free walking tours sponsored by the Carpenters’ Union – Carpenters and Allied Workers Local 27 and Drywall and Acoustic Lathing Local 675 will explore the history and architecture of several neighbourhoods. The 2016 theme of “Re-used, Re-visited and Revised” exploring the adaptive repurposing of Toronto buildings is highlighted throughout many of this year’s walking tours, including Industry and Internment in Liberty Village, Transforming Farquhars Lane/Reggae Lane, and Voices of Danforth East: A Jane’s Walk.
Full program details, including walking tour registration and a complete list of buildings, are available at toronto.ca/doorsopen.
About Doors Open Toronto
Since its inception in 2000, Doors Open Toronto has attracted more than two million visits to over 700 unique locations across the city. It is Canada’s largest Doors Open event and one of the three largest Doors Open events in the world. Doors Open Toronto is dedicated to celebrating built heritage, architecture and design. It is presented by Great Gulf and produced by the City of Toronto in partnership with the broader community. Look for information and updates at toronto.ca/doorsopen, Facebook at facebook.com/doorsopenTO, Twitter at @doors_openTO and Instagram at @doors_opento.
The event hashtag is: #DOT16.
About Great Gulf
Established in 1975, the Great Gulf Group of companies including Great Gulf, Ashton Woods Homes, First Gulf Corporation, Tucker HiRise Construction, H+ME Technology and Taboo Resort Golf and Spa, is one of North America’s premier real estate organizations. With major projects in Canada and the United States, the company’s fully-integrated activities span the entire real estate spectrum.
Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. It is a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture and is consistently ranked one of the world’s most livable cities. For information on non-emergency City services and programs, Toronto residents, businesses and visitors can visit toronto.ca, call 311, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or follow us @TorontoComms.
Economic Development & Culture
You may also want to know:
- Know The Glow: 4 Tips To Spot The Golden Reflective Glow In A Child’s Photo And Save His or Her Eyes
- You’re Invited to Community Conversations About “TransformTO: Climate Action for a Healthy, Equitable and Prosperous Toronto” on April 25 & 27 and May 3 & May 9, 2016
- Non-Repayable Ontario Student Grant Starting in 2017-18 Academic Year: Tuition Free for Many Canadian Students in Ontario
- Samsung’s “Look at Me” Interactive Camera App Helps Children with Autism: Celebrate the Start of Autism Awareness Month at Yonge & Dundas Square in Toronto, Canada, on April 1, 2016, at 5 pm: #WhoEyeAm Gallery and Light It Up Blue Celebration.
- Tech Startup 500px, a Global Online Photography Community, Creating High-Value Jobs in Ontario, Canada in 2016: Ontario’s Agreement with Visual China Group – Worth $14 Million – Will Allow 500px to Expand its Global Operations & Headquarters in Ontario
- Intel Security’s Valentine’s Day Survey, Stats & Tips to Help Keep Consumers Safe While Using Online Dating Apps around Valentine’s Day
- Nikon + Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival: “Reflections” Photo Contest for Canada: Submit Your Original Photo with Description & Form Per Entry During Weekly Contest Periods and Before 11:59 p.m. ET on May 31, 2016
- You’re Invited: Celebrate the 20th Anniversary of 2016 CONTACT Photography Festival May 1-31 + Nikon Lecture Series at No Cost in Toronto, Canada, May 3 (Complimentary Sensor Cleaning of Your Nikon D-SLR Cameras), May 10 & 17
- Nikon Canada is the Official Camera Partner for 2016 Scotiabank CONTACT Photography Festival May 1-31 in Toronto: “Reflections” Weekly Photo Contest April 29- May 31 + Nikon Ambassadors’ Lecture Series + Youth Project: Community
- You’re Invited: Panasonic’s “4K Revolution: Changing Photography” Exhibition (May 12–20) & Gala (May 12, 2016) at No Cost in Toronto, Canada: Scotiabank Contact Photography Festival Events
- The Burtynsky Grant for Creating Canadian Photobooks & Supporting Canadian Photo-Based Artists & Photographers Who are at the Advanced Stages of Developing a Photobook: Submission Deadline is May 16, 2016
- Canon Female Photojournalist Award 2016 for Female Professional Photojournalists of Any Age: Submit Application Dossier before 17 May 2016
- Win Sigma Lenses and Cash Prizes in Photographer’s Forum Spring Photo Contest: Enter Before First Deadline April 15 or Final Deadline May 20, 2016
- Nikon Canada + Adventure Canada: All Adventure Canada Expeditions in 2016 Will Be Outfitted with Nikon Cameras & Lenses, and #MyAdventureCanada Contest: Submit Your “Canadian Adventure” Photo & Form Per Entry Between March 21,12 a.m. and May 21, 2016 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (This contest is open to anyone worldwide)
- Canon’s New Cosmos of Photography 2016 Contest for Anyone, Regardless of Age or Nationality: Submit Still Images & Videos Online Between April 20 & June 8 (Midnight), 2016
- Nikon’s “Show Your Love Some Love” Camapaign: Share Your Personal “Loves” Images Using #NikonLove for Nikon to Curate a Gallery of Inspirational Images Starting March 21, 2016
- Deutsche Börse Photography Foundation Prize 2016’s Shortlist & Exhibition at The Photographers’ Gallery in London, UK, 15 April – 26 June; Gallery Entry at No Cost before 12.00 Daily
- #OlympusBehindTheScenes: Exhibition for Public Viewing, May 3-7, London, UK + Competition for the UK: Upload Your Own Photos on the Theme of “Behind the Scenes” with Hashtag #OlympusBehindTheScenes before May 3, 2016
- Canada’s Draft 2016-2019 Federal Sustainable Development Strategy to Create a Sustainable Economy & Protect the Environment: Canadians, Give Your Comments Before June 24, 2016
- RICOH THETA × IoT Developers Contest: Calling for New IoT Concept Apps That Link RICOH THETA Camera with the Internet & Gadgets and Apps That Work with RICOH THETA: Enter before August 10 & Then Submit Contest Work before August 31, 2016
- Sony Imaging PRO Support Programme Will Offer Support & Service (No Membership Fee) for Certain Professional Photographers in the UK in September 2016
- Samsung Unveils the First Samsung Safety Truck: To Prevent Road Accidents in Overtaking Situations on Roads in Argentina
- You’re Invited: The Nikon Museum at No Cost Will Open from October 17, 2015 to Showcase and Celebrate the 100th Anniversary of Nikon’s Foundation in 2017 (FREE admission in Tokyo, Japan)
- Ontario (Canada) + India: Trade Agreements Worth Over $240 Million and More Than 150 High-Value Jobs to Be Created in Ontario
- Production Process of Fujifilm in Tilburg, The Netherlands, Operates Completely on Wind Energy as from 1 January 2016 Via Wind Turbines in the Netherlands and Belgium
- Ricoh’s Landmark Milestones for Reducing Climate Change Include a 35.8% Decrease of CO2 Emissions (March 2015) from Year 2000 Levels & Successful Forest Ecosystem Conservation Projects in Partnership with Environmental NGOs and Local Communities
- The Prime Minister of Canada Will Attend the 2015 Climate Conference in Paris, France, November 30 – December 11: “I Look Forward to Partnering with Provinces and Territories – and All Parties – to Achieve an Ambitious International Climate Agreement at COP 21 for Our and All Future Generations
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s Open Letter to Canadians: “For the first time in our country’s history – there will be an equal number of women and men around the Cabinet table”
- Environmental Defence Canada: Please Urge Premier Wynne to Tell the National Energy Board That Ontario Rejects the Energy East Pipeline
- Canon U.S.A. + The National Center For Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC): Raised $390,400 for NCMEC & Donated More Than 2,500 Pieces of Digital Photographic & Imaging Technology Equipment to Assist Law Enforcement Agencies
- Samsung Won Several Prestigious Honors at the Cannes Lions 2015: “Look at Me” Interactive Camera App Helps Children with Autism; Smartphone App “Backup Memory” Helps Alzheimer’s Patients Via Photos & Videos
- 2016 Sony World Photography Awards: Student Shortlist for the Prestigious Sony World Photography Awards’ Student Focus Competition
- 2016 Sony World Photography Awards’ Shortlist is Revealed for its Professional, Open and Youth Competitions
- Sony Announced the Winners of the Outstanding Contribution to Photography Prize of the 2016 Sony World Photography Awards
- A Stratasys 3D Printed Model of Five-year-old Mia Gonzalez’s Heart Was Used to Help the Surgical Team to Optimally Visualize a Specific Heart Structure in Order to Perform Mia’s Successful Surgery at Miami’s Nicklaus Children’s Hospital, USA
- Realistic Stratasys 3D Printed Model Guides Surgeons to Successful Treatment of a Patient’s Near-Fatal Brain Aneurysm at Kaleida Health’s Gates Vascular Institute in Buffalo, New York, USA
- Stratasys’ Multi-Color, Multi-Material 3D Printed Models of Patients’ Kidneys Aid Cancer Surgeons in Successfully Treating Patients & Improving Patient Understanding at the University Hospital (CHU) de Bordeaux in France
- Ontario Approved the 22nd and Final Source Water Protection Plan, Covering More Than 450 Municipal Drinking Water Systems for Canadians
- Canada’s Environment and Climate Change Minister Will Attend the 2015 Paris Climate Conference COP21, November 30 – December 11: To “work with our international partners on the adoption of an effective climate change agreement and in the transformation towards a low-carbon, climate resilient global economy”
- Panasonic + Denver in Colorado, USA: To Make a Smarter, More Sustainable City Service for Denver Residents & Visitors
- Sony Ranked First Among Japanese Companies in Performance & Information Disclosure in Combating Climate Change in the CDP Japan 500 Climate Change Report 2015
- Sony Pledges to #ActOnClimate and Aims for a Zero Environmental Footprint Throughout the Lifecycle of Their Products & Business Activities by 2050
- Ricoh is the Official Partner of the United Nation’s COP21 Climate Conference in Paris-Le Bourget from 30 November to 11 December, 2015
- Ricoh Joins ‘American Business Act on Climate Pledge’ to Reduce the Company’s Total Lifecycle of CO2 Emissions by 30% by 2020 and by 87.5% by 2050 from the 2000 Level
- Canon Develops Multi-Person Tracking Technology for Video Content Analysis Plug-In for Network Cameras: “Big Brother is Watching You” To Inform Marketing & Service About the Pedestrian Numbers, Genders & Ages, Congestion & Crowd Detection: To Be Available in 2016
- Intel Security International Internet of Things Smart Home Survey: Cybersecurity Concerns & Many Consumers Worldwide Share Personal Data for Money + Atlantic Council’s Live Webcast of “Cyber Risk Thursday: Smart Designs for Smart Homes”
- Intel Security’s New Master Password Reset Feature on True Key App: Users Can Now Securely Recover Their Forgotten Master Password Using Their Other Unique Factors (FREE App)
- Intel Security: New Consumer Security Services Include True Key App by Intel Security to Keep Connected Consumers Safe from Online Threats: Available Now (FREE True Key App)
- Data Privacy Day is Today, January 28: Intel Security’s Seven Key Steps for You to Take in Order to Protect Your Privacy Online
- Intel Security’s Tips on How Canadian Shoppers Can Guard Against Some Security Threats for 2015 Holiday Shopping Online
- Intel Security: Most Hackable Gifts of the Holidays 2015 + Tips to Help Ensure Holiday Gifts Remain Secure
- Intel Security Reveals the Most Dangerous Global & Canadian Cyber Celebrities of 2015 Exposing Internet Searchers to Viruses and Malware: McAfee WebAdvisor is Available at No Cost (FREE software)
- Intel Security’s Phishing Quiz Reveals 97 Per Cent of People Worldwide Cannot Identify Destructive Phishing Emails: “Make it a Rule to Never Click on Links or Attachments in Emails / Texts”
- Intel Security: “The Realities of Cyber Parenting: What Pre-teens and Teens Are Up To Online” Study Reveals Concerns About Online Safety & Privacy
- Panasonic Vietnam Celebrated Five Years Anniversary of Panasonic Risupia Vietnam + Panasonic Vietnam and National Fund for Children Signed a New Donation Agreement for 2015
- Canon Makes a Donation to the Central Community Chest of Japan to Aid in the Relief Efforts for the Flood Victims of Typhoon Etau in Early September 2015
- Canon: Donation of Money to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children in the U.S.A. + More Than 2,200 Pieces of Equipment, Including Digital Cameras to Law Enforcement Agencies in 50 States, Puerto Rico and Guam
- Samsung “Care for Nepal” Project Provided Relief Materials & Communication Services to the Victims of the Earthquake
- Samsung eMotion Project Helped Provide Emotional Support for Hospitalized Children Via Samsung Gear VR: Virtual Adventure Content was Shot Using 360-degree Cameras
- Ricoh’s “Save the Memory Project”: Returning 90,000 Lost Photos from the Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami
- MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printer & Tissue Engineering: Video Shows Custom Reconstruction of Living Windpipe
- Make Poverty History: Canadians, Please Add Your Voices to the Call for a Federal Anti-Poverty Plan Now
- Toronto Council Highlights Jul 7-9, 2015: Topics Include Social Housing, Car-pooling app – UberPool, Poverty & Woodbine Racetrack’s Expanded Gaming
- Caledon Institute of Social Policy Releases a New Report on Welfare Incomes: “Welfare in Canada 2013″
- Please Help Create the World’s Largest Marine Sanctuary in the Pacific: Petition Before Aug.11, 2014
- New “Pronghorn Management Guides” Presents 33 Photos of Pronghorn Conservation in USA, Mexico and Canada
- BioAmber Opens World’s Largest Bio-succinic Acid Manufacturing Facility in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada: Renewable & Greener Alternatives to Petrochemicals That are Derived from Oil, Which Can Be Used in Everyday Products Including Plastics, Food Additives & Personal Care Products
- Getting Good Exposure Online is a Challenge for Canadian Small Businesses: GoDaddy’s National Canadian Small Business Survey 2015
- Ontario Proposes ‘Protecting Condominium Owners Act’ for Canadians: No Surprise Costs for a Newly-built Condo; New Condo Authority; Financial Management Rules; Mandatory Licensing for Managers
- 2015 Intel Security Survey: 30% Sent Personal Photos to Others Via Mobile Devices & 50% Don’t Delete Personal Photos or Videos Sent to Others
- Urgent Petition to Stop the Destruction of an Indonesian Rainforest & Save Orangutans, Tigers, Elephants & Rhinos
- Please Urge European Patent Convention’s States to Close Loopholes That Let Companies Patent Vegetables & Fruits
- Please Petition Walmart to Sign onto Fire Safety Inspection Program Supported by Bangladeshi to Prevent Tragedies
- Please Stop Line 9 – Oil Spills in Toronto: Community Forums – Apr.7-8 & Telephone Town Hall Meeting – Apr.9, 2013
- Ontario’s New Protection Plans for Sources of Water for Canadians: CTC Source & Halton-Hamilton Source: Effective Dec. 31, 2015
- McAfee: Superstar Soccer Players’ Screensavers and “Skills” Video Downloads are Risky to Search for Online (McAfee’s FREE SiteAdvisor)
- Nasal Spray Flu Vaccine for Children Aged Two to 17 at No Cost in Ontario, Canada, Starting Oct.26, 2015
- FUJIFILM: ‘David Bowie Unseen’ Exhibition by Professional Photographer Markus Klinko in Basel, Switzerland, March 25 – April 10, 2016
- Panasonic’s State-of-the-Art Technology Installation, “KŪKAN” – The Invention of Space – Brings to Life the “Wonder Japan Experience” in “Milano Salone 2016” in Italy, April 12 – 17
- ‘Gemini’ Chaise with Stratasys 3D Printed Acoustic Skin is Acquired by San Francisco Museum of Modern Art Which Will Open on May 14, 2016: Museum Admission at No Cost in Perpetuity for All Visitors 18 and Younger (Starting on May 14, 2016)
- Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition for Galaxy S6 Smartphone: World-first Fully Immersive Virtual Reality Storytelling “David Attenborough’s First Life” Experience at Natural History Museum, London from 19 June 2015: No Cost for Only Museum Entrance (UK)
- Fujifilm Pro Rental Service for Enthusiast & Professional Photographers: Experience a Fujifilm X-Series Camera, Lens or Kit for a Limited Time Anywhere in the U.S.A
- Olympus “Test & Wow” Program for the UK: Try Certain Olympus Cameras and Lenses for a Full 24-hour Day at No Cost (Try for FREE)
- You’re Invited: Take Home and “Test Drive” a Leica M Camera System & Two Lenses Overnight @ No Cost: Leica Store Bellevue in Washington, USA (FREE Test Drive program)
- Nova Scotian Photographers Age 50 or Older: Exhibit Your Work in the Seniors’ Art and Photo Gallery in Halifax
- You’re Invited: Camera Obscura at The Photographers’ Gallery (FREE admission in London, UK)
- Nikon: Updated “NIKKOR & ACC” App: Now Available to Download for iPad (Version 1.1.0) / Android Tablet (Version 1.0.1) at No Cost (FREE App)
- Sony’s Touchless Shutter App Ver. 1.00 Available at No Cost for Several Sony Camera Models: Eliminate Camera Shake (FREE App)
- Intel® Security Battery Optimizer 2.0 (29 October 2015): Updated App for Android Smartphones & Tablets is Available at No Cost: To Extend Battery Life, Speed Up Your Device by Cleaning Up Memory & Storage, and Monitor Your Mobile Data Usage (FREE App)
- Stratasys’ New Recycling Program of 3D Printing Material Canisters & Cartridges for North American Customers Starts Today: Waste Disposal at No Charge (FREE disposal & recycling program)
- Samsung’s Software Development Kit (SDK) is Released: Third-party Developers are Invited to Help Build Next Samsung Wearable Prior to the Product Launch
- New Panasonic-Created Cloud Service Toolkit (CST) to Power IoT Infrastructure: CST is Available Royalty-Free for Qualifying Open-Source Projects or Paid License for Commercial Use
- Panasonic Will Share Intellectual Property to Speed Development of Internet of Things (IoT) Software & Services (Panasonic formally pledges to provide royalty-FREE access to software, patents and experience from its product ecosystem)
- Google Earth Pro is Now Available at No Cost: Interactive Imagery of Google Earth With Professional Tools for Business or Personal Use(FREE)
- Google Maps: New Street View App for Android and iOS: For the First Time You Can Tour Immersive 360-degree Imagery & Instantly Contribute Your Own to Google Maps
- Panasonic: New “NEYMAR JR. CRAZY SKILLS” Interactive Webpage at No Cost: True-to-life 3D Images of Neymar Jr.’s Superb Skills Can Be Viewed and Shared on Smartphones or Computers (FREE)
- Leica: M Magazine App is Available at No Cost & M Magazine No. 2 is Also Available: Dedicated to M Photography Via the Leica M Camera, Presenting Pictures Taken by Renowned Photographers (FREE M Magazine App)
- UrtheCast’s High-Resolution Camera on the ISS Captured & Released the World’s First Full-Color HD Videos of London, Boston and Barcelona from Space (UrtheCast Corp., the Earth Observation (EO) company, aims to open the world to anyone with an internet connection: FREE)
- Photography Copyright Kit (FREE)
- Samsung Canada + National Hockey League: Samsung Smartphones Offer Enhanced Personalization within Official NHL App, Exclusive Access to Branded ‘Inside the NHL Situation Room’ Videos & More
- Fujifilm: New ‘Pro Rental Service’ for Enthusiast & Professional Photographers and ‘Professional Repair Rental Program’ in USA: Effective March 16, 2015
- “NIKON IMAGE SPACE” is Now a Renewed Online Image Sharing & Storage Service at No Cost: Open to Anyone Who Enjoys Taking Photos or Recording Movies (FREE; New functions include receiving applause from those with whom images are shared.)
- Nikon Canada Invites Canadian Residents to Nikon Image Space: An Online Service for Sharing Photos or Recording Memories (FREE online service for all Canadian residents to share & record images: FREE two GB of storage for everyone and Nikon camera owners get an extra FREE 18 GB of storage.)
- Fujifilm Camera Remote App (Updated: Sep. 24, 2015 Version: 1.2.0): Now Compatible With iOS9 for iPhone/iPad/iPod touch Users (FREE app)
- Canon PERSTEXT – New Version iOS App: To Design Your Photos with Text in Perspective + 12 New Filters + Enhanced Text Editing Functions: Now Available at No Cost (FREE)
- Canon’s Cloud-based Image Management Service, irista: No Cost for Up to 15GB + New Updates are Now Live (FREE 15GB of cloud storage space with full irista functionality)
- Canon Europe Acquires Lifecake – Baby Photo Timeline: A Photo-sharing App for Families to Create Photo & Video Timelines (Lifecake is available FREE for iPhone, iPad and Android)
- Canon Releases English-version PERSTEXT App for iOS for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch @ No Cost: Photo Editing to Insert Text with a Sense of Perspective to Saved Photos
- You’re Invited to the New Leica Fotopark: A Photo Platform for Passionate Photographers to Discover, Exchange, Organise, Create [Registration on www.leica-fotopark is FREE, as is the use of the platform for data volumes of up to ten gigabytes (GB)]
- You’re Invited: Download Leica Fotografie International App for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Android
- Nikon’s New Download Center for Nikon Digital Cameras & Related Products: Offers Software & Manuals in 43 Languages
- Nikon: New NIKKOR Motion Gallery Series Features Short Films as New Possibilities of Video Imaging Through NIKKOR Lenses & Nikon Cameras
- Olympus: New Underwater Photo Gallery Showcases “The Beauty Below”: Fascinating Photographs of Underwater Wonders in Vivid Colours with Exquisite Details
- Sony Alpha Cameras: New “α Universe” Community Website to Engage, Empower and Inspire Photo & Video Enthusiasts
- Sony’s Global Imaging Ambassadors’ #FutureofCities: You’re Invited to Share Photos from Your Changing Cities
- Sony Imaging PRO Support at No Charge for Certain Professional Photographers Using α Camera Equipment in Germany: Effective Apr.1, 2015: Submit Applications Now
- National Gallery of Canada and Imperial War Museums Ask You to Share Online Family Photos of World War 1
- Panasonic’s Medical Delivery Robot “HOSPI” in the “Center for Advanced Medical Robotics” in Thailand
- Put Food in the Budget: Please Urge Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne to Raise Social Assistance Rates Now!
- Please Urge Ontario Political Leaders to Keep Their Promise to End Poverty in Ontario by Taking Decisive Action
- Please Urge Premier Wynne to Increase Ontario Works’ Base Rate by $100 a Month & Not Cut the Special Diet Allowance
- C.A.P.I.C’s Victory: Canadian Photographers Officially Own the Copyright to All of Their Work Effective Nov.7, 2012