Canada’s Planet in Focus is looking for Homestay rooms for their visiting filmmakers during the 13th annual Planet in Focus Environmental Film Festival, Oct. 10-14, 2012:
- Planet in Focus “tries to offer all their visiting filmmakers a place to stay during the Environmental Film Festival.
- They are asking supporters of Planet in Focus with a spare room to offer it up to a visiting guest.
- This entails hosting a visiting filmmaker for 2 to 4 nights in a separate room of your home between October 10-14, 2012.
- You are not responsible for providing food or transportation for guests, but are encouraged to help make their stay as comfortable as possible.
- Their filmmakers travel from across Canada as well as internationally, and are always very appreciative that they are provided a place to stay.
Homestay hosts will receive Environmental Film Festival passes to attend the 13th Annual Planet in Focus Environmental Film Festival.”
If you are able to offer a room in your home, please contact Michelle Amenta, Operations Manager by:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 416-531-1769
This video presents “Planet in Focus – Youth Camera Action”:
- “Youth Camera Action, a program of Planet in Focus Environmental Film Festival, is a Toronto based film-production camp for at-risk youth who are passionate about the environment.
- Youth Camera Action program connects industry professionals to students for a two-week intensive program that empowers students to create films that educate and inspire environmental change.
- Participants are honored by having their completed films screened at the annual Planet in Focus, the largest environmental film festival in North America.
- Planet in Focus Film Festival is taking place October 10 – 14, 2012
The 13th Annual Planet in Focus Film Festival takes place October 10–14, 2012 in Toronto.
- Five full days of film premieres, receptions, workshops and gala presentations during Canada’s largest environmental film festival
- Film programs will include “stories and explorations of
- urban and rural spaces
- social, cultural and political environments
- First Nations perspectives
- public health
- climate change
- human displacement
- food security
- other creative interpretations of the theme “environment”
- “With approximately 100 Canadian and international films to choose from, and artists and filmmakers from all over the world, festival-goers have a chance to get up close and personal with those that are helping to shine a light on the stories and issues that matter most”
- Planet in Focus Film Festival features two days of:
- industry panels, workshops and pitch sessions devoted to the subjects of film production, distribution and funding
- a school program for elementary and secondary students focused on environmental education
- entertaining and inspiring children and youth programs
Be entertained and inspired in October.
Planet in Focus
The Historic Distillery District
15 Case Goods Lane, Studio 402
Toll Free: 1-855-531-1769
Special Event Information & Registration: 416-531-4689
- Executive Director – Rob Pazdro
- Artistic Director – Kathleen Mullen
- Program Development Officer – Anne Mark
- Manager of Corporate Development – Katherine Bruce
- Operations Manager – Michelle Amenta
- Programmer – Carly Whitefield
- Industry Programmer – Allan Tong
- Industry Series Coordinator – Kirk Cooper
- Youth Coordinator – Justin Elchakieh
- Publishing & Design Coordinator – Nina Hang
- Program Lead, Green Screen – Melissa Felder
- Bookkeeper – Donna Elkins
You may also like:
- Toronto-Chicago Business Mission: U.S. Ambassador to Canada Will Address Business Leaders Sept.19, 2012
- Ontario Place: Transforming into a Year-Round, Multi-Use Waterfront Community & Urban Park for Canadians
- Mayor Ford’s Business Mission: September 2012 Renewal of 1991 Chicago-Toronto Partner City Agreement
- You’re Invited: Interactive Aquarium Exhibit (Jun.16-Aug.31) & Animation Workshops-July & August 2012
- Gentec Announces Canadian Distribution of the ION Air Pro™Camera that Crossed Niagara Falls with Nik Wallenda
- Ontario Gives More Funding Support to Elliot Lake’s Economic Recovery After Algo Centre Mall Collapse
- McAfee Alert: One in Every Six Personal Computers – Zero Protection; Canada is 7th Least Protected Country