NFB (National Film Board of Canada) Mediatheque in Toronto, Ontario, invites you to a free workshop THE BODY SERIES: THE COLOUR OF BEAUTY. This Body Series workshop explores:
- the commercialisation of beauty
- how does it get marketed?
- what are the norms?
- who decides, and
- who has the power to affect change?
THE BODY SERIES: THE COLOUR OF BEAUTY
Thursday, January 27, 5:30 PM
150 John St. (at Richmond St. W), Toronto
- registration at 5:30 PM
- workshop and screening at 6 PM
Also, The Body Series workshop includes:
- a screening of The Colour of Beauty (pictured above), a short documentary by Elizabeth St. Philip (Breakin’ In: The Making of a Hip-Hop Dancer),
- followed by a discussion with the filmmaker, Elizabeth St. Philip
- the discussion will be led by Jill Andrew, Director of the BITE ME! Toronto International Body Image Film & Arts Festival, co-presenters of The Body Series
Please register by calling 416-973-3012.
Location and Contact Info
150 John St. (at Richmond St. W)
Toronto (Osgoode subway station)
You may also like: