City of Toronto in Ontario, Canada, is accepting nominations for Etobicoke’s Great Gardens Contest and Scarborough’s Trillium Garden Awards.
- Friday, July 6, 2012 is the deadline for nominations in both Toronto districts.
Etobicoke’s Great Gardens Contest:
- An invitation to residents of Wards 1-7, 11-13 & 17 in the City of Toronto Etobicoke York District.
- Nominations are being accepted for the 2012 City of Toronto, Etobicoke York District’s Garden Awards Competition:
- recognizing the efforts of residents, businesses and other property owners in making their neighbourhoods beautiful.
- Each garden nominated will be judged during the preliminary phase of the contest and the finalists will be rejudged by a panel of experts from local horticultural societies of Etobicoke, Roseland, Swansea and Westway.
- Winners in each area and category will be honoured at an Awards Ceremony in the Fall.
- The Best Residential Garden in Etobicoke York will be selected from the first place winners in each area and will go on to compete for the Toronto’s City Wide Garden of the Year.
- Please click here to get the nomination form (pdf).
- Friday, July 6, 2012 is the deadline.
- Fill out the nomination form and return it by:
Etobicoke York Garden Awards
c/o Rockcliffe Yard
301 Rockcliffe Boulevard
Toronto, ON M6N 5G6
- fax: 416-392-0044
- email: email@example.com
Etobicoke Civic Centre
Parks, Forestry & Recreation Reception Desk
399 The West Mall (at Burnhamthorpe Rd)
- All winners will be contacted and the results will be announced in local newspapers in early August.
- Nomination forms may be copied and written facsimilies will be accepted.
- No more than 8 gardens may be nominated by any one person.
- You may nominate your own garden or someone else’s.
- You do not have to be a resident of Toronto to nominate a garden
Scarborough’s Trillium Garden Awards 2012:
- Recognize outstanding front gardens in Scarborough that contribute to city beautification through:
- creative landscaping
- colourful annual and perennial plantings
- well-kept grounds
- The nomination deadline is Friday, July 6.
- Gardens belonging to residents and businesses with a street address in the following wards are eligible for nomination:
- Gardens will be judged in late July or early August, with judging criteria that include:
- use of plant material
- condition and maintenance
- hard landscaping
- environmental practices
- community contribution and distinction
- Gardens will be recognized in the following categories:
- Residential – traditional
- Residential – environmental/alternative
- Commercial, industrial and high density
- Scarborough’s Trillium Garden Awards will be presented in October.
- The Trillium Garden Awards is a successful partnership between City of Toronto Parks, Forestry and Recreation and volunteers from the Agincourt Garden Club and the Scarborough Garden and Horticultural Society.
- An awards presentation will take place on Thursday, October 4, 2012.
To submit a nomination or to obtain more information about the Trillium Garden Awards, residents can call the nomination hotline at 416-396-4862 and provide the address of the home or business for nomination.
City of Toronto Contact Info:
Phone within Toronto city limits: 311
Phone outside city limits: 416-392-CITY (2489)
(can be used within Toronto if you can’t reach 311)
TTY customers only: 416-338-0TTY (0889)
If your matter is urgent, please call them. They are open 24/7.
Always call 911 for emergencies.
You may also like:
- McAfee Alert: One in Every Six Personal Computers – Zero Protection; Canada is 7th Least Protected Country
- Please Petition Conservative MPs to Reject Bill C-38: Canadians’ Well-Being & Environmental Ethics are at Stake!
- You’re Invited: Interactive Aquarium Exhibit (Jun.16-Aug.31) & Animation Workshops-July & August 2012
- TTC 2012: More Popular Routes’ Services-Starts May 6; No Subway Service Between Warden & Kennedy-May 12-13; LRT Update