Hot Docs informs us that the following production funds are available and their applications are now being accepted:
- The Shaw Media-Hot Docs Funds consist of a $3-million completion fund and a $1-million development fund.
- “Shaw Media’s $4-million infusion into the Canadian documentary production community via the Funds will provide much-needed financial support to filmmakers facing financing gaps at critical stages in their projects.
- Hot Docs will manage and disperse the Shaw Media-Hot Docs Funds’ benefit monies over a next seven-year period.
- The final deadline to submit an application is Wednesday, October 26.
- The application process is now entirely electronic and online.
- Please click here for more info on the Shaw Media-Hot Docs Funds, the application guidelines as well as the required documents for specific information.
- The Hot Docs-Blue Ice Film Documentary Fund is a $1-million production fund which
- will provide financial support to independent documentary filmmakers based in developing African countries;
- with the goal of increasing the quality and quantity of social, cultural and political documentaries produced in the region;
- generously established by Toronto-based Blue Ice Film, the Hot Docs-Blue Ice Film Documentary Fund will be administered by Hot Docs and disbursements will be made over the next five years;“
- next deadline: December 14, 2011;
- please click here for more info on Hot Docs-Blue Ice Film Documentary Fund, the application guidelines and FAQ before submitting your application.
Also, please mark your calendars for the Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival from April 26 to May 6, 2012.
Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival is North America’s largest documentary festival, conference and market.
Each year, the Hot Docs Canadian International Documentary Festival “presents a selection of more than 150 cutting-edge documentaries from Canada and around the globe.”