The suspense is over for those who have been waiting and wondering about the outcome of the World Press Photo 2010 Contest.
The winner of the World Press Photo 2010 Contest is South African photographer Jodi Bieber. Jodi’s photo has the bragging rights of the World Press Photo of the Year 2010.
The image is a portrait of Bibi Aisha, disfigured as punishment for fleeing her husband’s house, taken in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- Jodi’s World Press Photo of the Year 2010
- Listen to a recording of her reaction
- Online gallery of winners
- Insights from the jury
- Awards Days: inspirational get-together
- 2011 exhibition set for its world tour
- Yearbook to be published soon
- Lottery’s support to continue
Congratulations to Jodi Bieber!