This is an update to my previous blog Please Save Canada’s Jasper National Park Now!
Less then 24 hours left to save Canada’s Jasper National Park!
The following updated alert from the Avaaz team urges us to to call Jasper National Park Superintendent Greg Fenton and stop him from selling out our public park, then forward this alert to everyone.
“In hours, the Harper Government could privatise a section of Jasper National Park and let an American-owned company blast a 300m metal walkway into our World Heritage mountains — but Jasper’s Superintendent Greg Fenton has the power to stop them.“
Call to save our park today!
Then, please click here to leave your message on the right-hand side of the Avaaz page “24 hours to Save Jasper National Park.”
Jasper Superintendent Greg Fenton
- Phone: (780) 852-6171
- Email Greg Fenton here (opens new tab)
Environment Minister Peter Kent
- Ministry Phone: (819) 997 1441
- Constituency Office Phone (905) 886 9911
- Click here to post to Minister Kent’s Facebook page
- Click here to email Minister Kent (opens new tab)
Sample Facebook message: “Minister Kent, I call on you to put Canadians ahead of US-owned companies and immediately deny Brewster’s proposal to privatize part of Jasper National Park.”
- “I call on you to save Jasper National park by denying Brewster’s application to build a 300m lookout on the side of a mountain.
- Over 170,000 Canadians object to Brewster’s planned privatization whereby Canadians would be charged a fee to use a portion of Jasper Park.
- We want to protect all of our parks and are concerned that privatizing even a portion of Jasper could lead to the further commercialization of our public and natural park land.
- For these reasons we call on you to put Canadians ahead of US-owned companies and immediately deny this privatization.”
Jasperite, Greg Fenton, returns home to become superintendent of Jasper National Park (Parks Canada)
National Parks – and the views – belong to Canadians (Calgary Herald)
Feedback Deadline Looms, Decision Expected Next Month (The Fitzhugh)
Record of Lobbying (Office of the Commissioner of Lobbying of Canada)
National Parks should be Wildlife Sanctuaries, not Cash Cows (Green Party of Canada) ”