The One of a Kind Spring Show + Sale is a Canadian arts & crafts show featuring one-of-a-kind creations made by award-winning artisans, and endless selection of handcrafted items created by talented artists and craftspeople.
The One of a Kind Spring Show + Sale is FREE for children (aged 12 & under) as well as fun and affordable for you, your family and friends.
There are FREE craft classes for children, too!
Two other FREE features are: daily fashion shows, and free parcel check and carry out service – directly to your car.
Busy parents can get a break for one and a half hour via the FREE:
Family Centre: “A complimentary safe-haven for those between the ages of 2-8. Staffed by Network Childcare, this service is available on a first come, first serve basis with a 1 and a half hour limit. The Family Centre will be open Wednesday, March 30 to Saturday, April 2: 10am to 8pm and Sunday, April 3: 10am to 6pm.”
Also, you get a FREE chance to win a $100 Shopping Spree at the 2011 One of a Kind Spring Show!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
Please click here to enter the contest. The entry must be submitted by Friday, March 25 at 5:00 p.m EST. In order to claim the prize, the winner must also correctly answer a skill-testing question.
Location: Direct Energy Centre, Exhibition Place
For additional event details, phone 416-960-3680
2011 One of a Kind Spring Show
Brings Fresh Creations by Emerging Artisans
March 7, 2011 (Toronto, ON) — In support of Canadian artists and designers, the One of a Kind Craft Community of Canada section will make its debut at this year’s spring show, from March 30–April 3, 2011. This special exhibit will feature one-of-a-kind creations by 10 finalists from art schools and cultural institutions across the country. The award-winning artisans received a grant (up to $750) and a display space at the show to help kick start their careers.
For the majority of the artisans, the One of a Kind Show marks an inaugural appearance where their hand-crafted pieces will be made available for the first time. The key categories represented are clothing, fashion accessories, jewellery, textiles, glass and ceramics. From British Columbia, two clothing designers will present delicately hand-knit sweaters in feminine silhouettes (Julie Pongrac) and oversized organic cotton scarves, featuring nature motifs (Georgina Russell). Home décor pieces include beautiful pillows with playful prints (Shuyu Lu, ON), a white ceramic wine pitcher and tumbler set shaped like a birch tree with a lime green insert (Chari Cohen, ON), stainless steel lamps with geometrical-printed shades (Caroline Gamiette, QC) and a placemat collection in bright colours with embroidered birds (Cathia Finkel, NL).
“For each show, we search to bring an element of surprise with new initiatives to elevate the overall shopping experience,” said Patti Stewart, Vice President, One of a Kind Show. “The Craft Community of Canada is a win-win situation since emerging artisans receive much-needed support while show-goers are able to discover new finds and make an emotional connection by meeting the makers of original hand-made Canadian pieces.”
2011 Show Highlights
- An unprecedented 118 new artisans will be participating in the spring show.
- The Muskoka Artists Marketplace will make its first appearance with 16 artists and craftspeople, working in the areas of visual art, fine craft, photography, furniture, sculpture and textiles.
- Show-goers can cast their vote for their favourite OOAK tool made by participating artisans in the One of a Kind “Tooled to Perfection” Competition.
- Conducted by One of a Kind artisans, the Hands-On Workshop series will return at the spring show ($50 admission cost includes: materials, instruction, show admission, shopping bag and light breakfast).
- Daily prêt a porter fashion shows will feature of-the-moment fashions and accessories such as eco-friendly products, statement jewellery and gorgeous knitwear, to name a few.
About the Show
The One of a Kind Spring Show is Canada’s best show and sale of works by over 450 artists, designers and craftspeople. With a proud focus on home-grown talent for an interactive personal shopping experience like no other, the vast selection, on-site perks and endless show features make the show “destination shopping” at its best.
- Ticket prices: Adults $12 ($10 on-line); Seniors and Youth (aged 13–17) $6.50 and Children (aged 12 & under) FREE
- Dates & times: Wednesday–Saturday: 10am–9pm | Sunday 10am–6pm
- Pl ace: Direct Energy Centre, Exhibition Place, 100 Princes’ Boulevard, Toronto
- Shopping districts: One of a Kind Flavours, One of a Kind Fashion District presented by Toronto Life, One of a Kind Green, One of a Kind Rising Stars and One of a Kind Outdoor
- Special services and show features: first-come, first-serve complimentary babysitting services; One of a Kind Art craft classes for kids presented by DeSerres; daily fashion shows featuring womenswear, kids and style express accessory presentations; special guest speaking engagements by media lifestyle experts; free parcel check and carry out service – directly to your car, courtesy of Pizza Pizza
For more information, please visit: www.oneofakindshow.com/toronto/