CTC (Credit Valley, Toronto and Region, and Central Lake Ontario) Source Protection Plan, and the Halton-Hamilton Source Protection Plan were developed by local municipal and community partners to protect the quality and quantity of water sources that supply municipal drinking water systems around Credit Valley, Toronto and Region and Central Lake Ontario, and Halton-Hamilton.and Halton-Hamilton Source Protection Plan, and the Halton-Hamilton Source Protection Plan
The following video presents Source Water Protection in Ontario:
- Distributed by Ministry of the Environment to Conservation Ontario & Conservation Authorities July 18, 2006.
Are you affected?
Also, Ontario has a tool to help you screen whether or not a property may be subject to the Source Protection Plan Policies, at http://www.ctcswp.ca/are-you-affected/ .
- You may see all the policies and maps in the Approved Source Protection Plan.
Province Protecting Sources of Drinking Water in the GTHA
Ontario Approves Two More Source Protection Plans
August 14, 2015 1:30 P.M. Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change
Ontario has approved two plans to protect sources of drinking water in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area.
The CTC Source Protection Plan, and Halton-Hamilton Source Protection Plan, and the Halton-Hamilton Source Protection Plan were developed by local municipal and community partners to protect the quality and quantity of water sources that supply municipal drinking water systems around Credit Valley, Toronto and Region and Central Lake Ontario, and Halton-Hamilton. The plans set out actions to eliminate, manage or reduce potential risks to these drinking water sources.
Many municipalities in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area will now be responsible for:
- Creating management plans to reduce the risks associated with manure, biosolids, livestock grazing, and commercial fertilizers
- Providing information to the community on best practices for maintaining septic systems as well as handling, storing and applying commercial fertilizers, pesticides, and road salt
- Developing or updating water conservation plans to support future growth and development
- Improving partnerships to protect the Great Lakes.
The CTC Source Protection Plan, and the Halton-Hamilton Source Protection Plan will take effect Dec. 31, 2015.
Ontario has now approved 18 of 22 source protection plans from areas across the province, and expects to approve the remaining plans by the end of the year. Together those plans will cover areas where 95 per cent of province’s population live.
Protecting the province’s clean drinking water and the environment are part of the government’s plan to build Ontario up. The four-part plan includes investing in people’s talents and skills, making the largest investment in public infrastructure in Ontario’s history, creating a dynamic, innovative environment where business thrives, and building a secure retirement savings plan.
- The Clean Water Act established 19 local committees across Ontario. Each committee developed science-based plans that address risks to the water that supply municipal drinking water systems.
- The Credit Valley, Toronto and Region, and Central Lake Ontario (CTC) make up one source protection region. The region has 27 municipal drinking water systems that serve approximately 95 per cent of the area’s 6.7 million residents.
- The Halton-Hamilton source protection region has 10 municipal residential drinking water systems – six draw from an aquifer, and four draw from Lake Ontario. Over 90 per cent of the area’s 900,000 residents are served by these systems.
- Earlier this year, Ontario introduced the proposed Great Lakes Protection Act, building on existing Great Lakes partnerships for joint action to fight climate change, reduce harmful algal blooms, protect wetlands and tackle other complex problems in the Great Lakes basin.
“Few things are as important to our health as having safe water to drink. Ontario’s approach to protect drinking water has made our tap water among the best protected in the world. Protecting the sources of drinking water – our lakes, rivers and groundwater – is the foundation of our safety net.”
Glen R. Murray
Minister of the Environment and Climate Change
“The day our plan was approved was a proud one for our committee. We have worked collaboratively to develop policies to protect drinking water sources for the seven million people who depend on municipal water. Our drinking water sources are diverse — from Lake Ontario to rural wells, with quality and quantity challenges.”
Chair, Credit Valley, Toronto and Region and Central Lake Ontario (CTC) source protection committee
“I am very pleased with the approval of the source protection plan for the Halton-Hamilton Source Protection Region. A special thanks to the hard work of the committee members and the guidance from our dedicated staff in developing a science-based plan that will protect our municipal drinking water supplies now and in the future. Also, thanks to our partners at the ministry, municipalities and our community stakeholders. We look forward to working with our partners to implement the plan.”
Chair, Halton-Hamilton source protection committee
You may also want to know:
- Know The Glow: 4 Tips To Spot The Golden Reflective Glow In A Child’s Photo And Save His or Her Eyes
- Fujifilm + Vistek: You’re Invited to a Photo Walk with Vistek & The Fuji Guys in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, August 21: RSVP by August 19, 2015
- You’re Invited: “Olympus Street Photography with Mike Boening” Seminar at No Cost in Toronto, Canada August 22, 2015 (FREE admission)
- Leica Camera AG: Lenny Kravitz “FLASH!” & Mathieu Bitton “ASCENSION” Exhibition on View 11 – 22 August 2015 in Vienna, Austria
- Canon Sponsors Rugby World Cup 2015: PowerShot G3 X Camera & Photography Techniques to Get Action Shots + ‘Photography Experience at Rugby World Cup 2015′ Contest for UK, Ireland & Channel Islands: Upload Your Best Rugby Related Images During the Eight Submission Periods between Now and Midnight GMT on 4 Oct.2015
- Please Urge Ontario to Raise ODSP Rates: Join ‘Stroll & Roll to Freedom’ March on July 7, 2015 UPDATE: Due to unfavourable weather forecast, this event was postponed. The new date of the march will be determined)
- Samsung Won Several Prestigious Honors at the Cannes Lions 2015: “Look at Me” Interactive Camera App Helps Children with Autism; Smartphone App “Backup Memory” Helps Alzheimer’s Patients Via Photos & Videos
- Entrepreneur + Canon: Project Grow Challenge Contest for Small Businesses in USA and D.C for a Chance to Win $25,000: Submit Your Short Essay Before 11:59:59 PM ET on Sept.15, 2015
- Olympus Europe Invites You: Olympus Photography Playground at No Cost in Munich 25 Aug. – 20 Sept. and Vienna 25 Sept. – 4 Oct. 2015: Borrow the OM-D Camera at No Cost (FREE admission + FREE loan of camera)
- You’re Invited: “Home Field Advantage: Toronto’s Summer Sporting Sites” Exhibition of Historic Photographs Runs to Sept.26 at No Cost: To Celebrate TORONTO 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games July 10 – Aug.14 (FREE Admission for Exhibition)
- #OlympusSummerSelfie Competition Prize is Olympus Tough TG-860 Camera for the UK: Three Entry Periods to Share Each Summer Selfie With #OlympusSummerSelfie and a Comment: June (Submit Before 28 June), July, and August 2015
- Canon #PrintWithCanonSweeps Photo Sweepstakes for USA and District of Columbia; 13 Years of Age or Older: Submit Entries Before 11:59 P.M. ET. Aug.31, 2015
- Canon MAXIFY Mentors Contest for Small Businesses That are Five Years Old or Less & Have Nine or Less Employees in USA & D.C.: Submit Entries before 11:59 PM ET on August 31, 2015
- Leica Gallery Los Angeles: Opening Reception July 16 for Helen K. Garber “Undulations” Exhibition and Henthorne “Between Worlds” Exhibition: July 16 – August 31, 2015
- 2015 Sigma Superfan Contest: Monthly Prizes for Certain Sigma Product Owners in the USA and D.C.: Share Your Photos and #SigmaSuperfan Story Before 5pm ET on Nov.16, 2015
- Canon: Donation of Money to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children in the U.S.A. + More Than 2,200 Pieces of Equipment, Including Digital Cameras to Law Enforcement Agencies in 50 States, Puerto Rico and Guam
- Intel Security’s Phishing Quiz Reveals 97 Per Cent of People Worldwide Cannot Identify Destructive Phishing Emails: “Make it a Rule to Never Click on Links or Attachments in Emails / Texts”
- Intel Security: “The Realities of Cyber Parenting: What Pre-teens and Teens Are Up To Online” Study Reveals Concerns About Online Safety & Privacy
- Samsung “Care for Nepal” Project Provided Relief Materials & Communication Services to the Victims of the Earthquake
- Samsung eMotion Project Helped Provide Emotional Support for Hospitalized Children Via Samsung Gear VR: Virtual Adventure Content was Shot Using 360-degree Cameras
- Fujifilm’s Technology in Photo Development Will Be Used to Develop a Rapid Diagnostic System for Ebola Virus Disease
- Ricoh’s “Save the Memory Project”: Returning 90,000 Lost Photos from the Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami
- MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printer & Tissue Engineering: Video Shows Custom Reconstruction of Living Windpipe
- Make Poverty History: Canadians, Please Add Your Voices to the Call for a Federal Anti-Poverty Plan Now
- Toronto Council Highlights Jul 7-9,2015: Topics Include Social Housing, Car-pooling app – UberPool, Poverty & Woodbine Racetrack’s Expanded Gaming
- Caledon Institute of Social Policy Releases a New Report on Welfare Incomes: “Welfare in Canada 2013″
- Please Help Create the World’s Largest Marine Sanctuary in the Pacific: Petition Before Aug.11, 2014
- New “Pronghorn Management Guides” Presents 33 Photos of Pronghorn Conservation in USA, Mexico and Canada
- BioAmber Opens World’s Largest Bio-succinic Acid Manufacturing Facility in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada: Renewable & Greener Alternatives to Petrochemicals That are Derived from Oil, Which Can Be Used in Everyday Products Including Plastics, Food Additives & Personal Care Products
- Ontario Proposes ‘Protecting Condominium Owners Act’ for Canadians: No Surprise Costs for a Newly-built Condo; New Condo Authority; Financial Management Rules; Mandatory Licensing for Managers
- 2015 Intel Security Survey: 30% Sent Personal Photos to Others Via Mobile Devices & 50% Don’t Delete Personal Photos or Videos Sent to Others
- Urgent Petition to Stop the Destruction of an Indonesian Rainforest & Save Orangutans, Tigers, Elephants & Rhinos
- Please Urge European Patent Convention’s States to Close Loopholes That Let Companies Patent Vegetables & Fruits
- Please Petition Walmart to Sign onto Fire Safety Inspection Program Supported by Bangladeshi to Prevent Tragedies
- Please Stop Line 9 – Oil Spills in Toronto: Community Forums – Apr.7-8 & Telephone Town Hall Meeting – Apr.9, 2013
- McAfee: Superstar Soccer Players’ Screensavers and “Skills” Video Downloads are Risky to Search for Online (McAfee’s FREE SiteAdvisor)
- You’re Invited: Take Home and “Test Drive” a Leica M Camera System & Two Lenses Overnight @ No Cost: Leica Store Bellevue in Washington, USA (FREE Test Drive program)
- Canada National Award for 2015 Sony World Photography Awards: Winner is George Ching-Yuen Lo from Vancouver
- Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition for Galaxy S6 Smartphone: World-first Fully Immersive Virtual Reality Storytelling “David Attenborough’s First Life” Experience at Natural History Museum, London from 19 June 2015: No Cost for Only Museum Entrance (UK)
- Nova Scotian Photographers Age 50 or Older: Exhibit Your Work in the Seniors’ Art and Photo Gallery in Halifax
- You’re Invited: “Light, Paper, Process: Reinventing Photography” Exhibition @ No Cost, The Getty Center, Los Angeles: Continues to Sept.6, 2015
- Newseum’s ‘Reporting Vietnam’: New Exhibit of Powerful Photos & News Footage for the 50th Anniversary of the Vietnam War: May 22, 2015 – Sept. 12, 2016 (in Washington, D.C., USA; Kids’ Admission is FREE from July 1 to Sept. 7, 2015 )
- You’re Invited: Visa pour l’Image 2015 Exhibitions, Screenings, Symposium, ‘Meet the Photographers’ Sessions Aug.29 – Sept.13, 2015 @ No Cost in Perpignan, France
- The Photographers’ Gallery Invites You: “Shirley Baker: Women, Children and Loitering Men” Exhibition at No Cost before 12:00 Daily, 17 Jul – 20 Sep 2015: Rare Colour Photos of the Working Class in Manchester & Salford of Late Twentieth Century Britain (FREE admission in the UK)
- 500px Fujifilm Global Photo Walk: Join Thousands of Photographers on September 26, 2015 to “Celebrate Their Local Communities Through Their Love for Photography” at No Cost (FREE admission)
- Prestigious Deutsche Börse Photography Prize 2015 Annouces Winners: Exhibition of Winners & Shortlisted Photographers in London at No Cost (Until 7 June) and in Frankfurt (20 June – 20 September)
- Panasonic UK: #4KLumix Photo Walks Using 4K Lumix Cameras @ National Trust Properties: Experience the Lumix 4K PHOTO, May – September 2015 (in the UK)
- You’re Invited: ‘In Focus: Animalia’ Exhibition @ The Getty Center, Los Angeles: @ No Cost, May 26 – Oct.18, 2015
- You’re Invited: Camera Obscura at The Photographers’ Gallery (FREE admission in London, UK)
- Panasonic + UNESCO: Beautiful 2015 World Heritage Calendar App for PCs & Tablets in Five Languages (FREE App)
- NASA’s New Horizons Spacecraft is Snapping Pluto Photos Via the LORRI Telescopic Camera and Ralph’s Color Camera: Closest Approach to Pluto Occurs on July 14, 2015
- Stratasys’ New Recycling Program of 3D Printing Material Canisters & Cartridges for North American Customers Starts Today: Waste Disposal at No Charge (FREE disposal & recycling program)
- Samsung’s Software Development Kit (SDK) is Released: Third-party Developers are Invited to Help Build Next Samsung Wearable Prior to the Product Launch
- Panasonic Will Share Intellectual Property to Speed Development of Internet of Things (IoT) Software & Services (Panasonic formally pledges to provide royalty-FREE access to software, patents and experience from its product ecosystem)
- Google Earth Pro is Now Available at No Cost: Interactive Imagery of Google Earth With Professional Tools for Business or Personal Use (FREE)
- Panasonic: New “NEYMAR JR. CRAZY SKILLS” Interactive Webpage at No Cost: True-to-life 3D Images of Neymar Jr.’s Superb Skills Can Be Viewed and Shared on Smartphones or Computers (FREE)
- Leica: M Magazine App is Available at No Cost & M Magazine No. 2 is Also Available: Dedicated to M Photography Via the Leica M Camera, Presenting Pictures Taken by Renowned Photographers (FREE M Magazine App)
- UrtheCast’s High-Resolution Camera on the ISS Captured & Released the World’s First Full-Color HD Videos of London, Boston and Barcelona from Space (UrtheCast Corp., the Earth Observation (EO) company, aims to open the world to anyone with an internet connection: FREE)
- Photography Copyright Kit (FREE)
- Samsung Canada + National Hockey League: Samsung Smartphones Offer Enhanced Personalization within Official NHL App, Exclusive Access to Branded ‘Inside the NHL Situation Room’ Videos & More
- Fujifilm: New ‘Pro Rental Service’ for Enthusiast & Professional Photographers and ‘Professional Repair Rental Program’ in USA: Effective March 16, 2015
- Nikon Canada Invites Canadian Residents to Nikon Image Space: An Online Service for Sharing Photos or Recording Memories (FREE online service for all Canadian residents to share & record images: FREE two GB of storage for everyone and Nikon camera owners get an extra FREE 18 GB of storage.)
- New NIKON IMAGE SPACE App Renewal at No Charge: Benefits Include Seeing Images Larger & Browsing Images Stored on Your Smart Device (FREE online photo sharing service + FREE renewal of smart device app for “NIKON IMAGE SPACE”)
- Canon’s Cloud-based Image Management Service, irista: No Cost for Up to 15GB + New Updates are Now Live (FREE 15GB of cloud storage space with full irista functionality)
- Canon Europe Acquires Lifecake – Baby Photo Timeline: A Photo-sharing App for Families to Create Photo & Video Timelines (Lifecake is available FREE for iPhone, iPad and Android)
- Canon Releases English-version PERSTEXT App for iOS for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch @ No Cost: Photo Editing to Insert Text with a Sense of Perspective to Saved Photos
- You’re Invited to the New Leica Fotopark: A Photo Platform for Passionate Photographers to Discover, Exchange, Organise, Create [Registration on www.leica-fotopark is FREE, as is the use of the platform for data volumes of up to ten gigabytes (GB)]
- You’re Invited: Download Leica Fotografie International App for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Android
- Nikon’s New Download Center for Nikon Digital Cameras & Related Products: Offers Software & Manuals in 43 Languages
- Nikon: New NIKKOR Motion Gallery Series Features Short Films as New Possibilities of Video Imaging Through NIKKOR Lenses & Nikon Cameras
- Olympus: New Underwater Photo Gallery Showcases “The Beauty Below”: Fascinating Photographs of Underwater Wonders in Vivid Colours with Exquisite Details
- Sony’s Global Imaging Ambassadors’ #FutureofCities: You’re Invited to Share Photos from Your Changing Cities
- Sony Imaging PRO Support at No Charge for Certain Professional Photographers Using α Camera Equipment in Germany: Effective Apr.1, 2015: Submit Applications Now
- Canada National Award for 2015 Sony World Photography Awards: Winner is George Ching-Yuen Lo from Vancouver
- Aimia | AGO Photography Prize Announces 2015 Shortlist: Public Votes For C$50,000 Winner on Sept.15, 2015
- 2016 Sony World Photography Awards: Entries to Be Submitted by 11:59:59pm (GMT) on 4 Dec. 2015 for Student Focus, by 11:59:59pm (GMT) on 5 Jan.2016 for Open, Youth & National, by 11:59:59pm (GMT) on 12 Jan 2016 for Professional
- National Gallery of Canada and Imperial War Museums Ask You to Share Online Family Photos of World War 1
- Scarborough Subway Project Assessment-Line 2 Extension: Public Consultations Jan.31 & Feb.2, 2015 + Online Feedback
- Panasonic’s Medical Delivery Robot “HOSPI” in the “Center for Advanced Medical Robotics” in Thailand
- Celebrate: Fort York Visitor Centre (five new exhibitions inside the new Visitor Centre in 2014 – 2015)
- Put Food in the Budget: Please Urge Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne to Raise Social Assistance Rates Now!
- Please Urge Ontario Political Leaders to Keep Their Promise to End Poverty in Ontario by Taking Decisive Action
- Please Urge Premier Wynne to Increase Ontario Works’ Base Rate by $100 a Month & Not Cut the Special Diet Allowance
- C.A.P.I.C’s Victory: Canadian Photographers Officially Own the Copyright to All of Their Work Effective Nov.7, 2012
- Ontario Place: Transforming into a Year-Round, Multi-Use Waterfront Community & Urban Park for Canadians