This is an update to my previous blog Expanded Smog Alert Includes Central & Eastern Ontario Regions Aug.4, 2012.
The good news is that effective immediately a Smog Advisory has been lifted by the Ministry of the Environment for the following forecast regions:
- City of Hamilton
- City of Toronto
- Kingston-Prince Edward
- Parry Sound-Muskoka-Huntsville
- Peterborough-Kawartha Lakes
- Stirling-Tweed-South Frontenac
- A Smog Advisory is issued in your region when the AQI is expected to reach 50 in the next 24 hours.
- It can be lifted once the AQI is expected to reach or drops below 50.
Increasing cloudiness and unsettled weather are resulting in cleaner air in the air quality forecast regions listed above.
You may also want to know:
- You’re Invited: Interactive Aquarium Exhibit (Jun.16-Aug.31) & Animation Workshops-July & August 2012
- Gentec Announces Canadian Distribution of the ION Air Pro™Camera that Crossed Niagara Falls with Nik Wallenda
- Ontario Gives More Funding Support to Elliot Lake’s Economic Recovery After Algo Centre Mall Collapse
- McAfee Alert: One in Every Six Personal Computers – Zero Protection; Canada is 7th Least Protected Country