Environmental Defence is inviting you to enter the following contest in order to:
“help new environment minister understand ethics and tar sands
Contest – Share Your Opinion on Ethics and Tar Sands with Environment Minister
Best Entry Wins an iPad!
On his first week on the job as Environment Minister, Peter Kent said the tar sands made “ethical oil” and claimed they are “regulated,” despite independent reports that Ottawa isn’t doing its job.
What do you think “ethical” means in this situation where Minister Kent is supposed to be managing the environmental impacts of the tar sands?
Enter to win an iPad or iTunes gift certificate by sending him a letter to let him know!
- Use this form to send a letter (500 words maximum) to Environment Minister Peter Kent and be automatically entered to win the iPad. The deadline is February 4, 2011.
- Your letter should discuss ethics and tar sands, and what his role should be.
- The winning entry will be printed in the newspaper in the Environment Minister’s riding and it and others will be posted online. By entering, you give permission to Environmental Defence may make your piece public with you listed as the author.
Enter today by clicking here.
1st place prize: iPad
2nd place prize: $100 iTunes gift card
3rd place prize: $50 iTunes gift card
Environmental Defence will read every entry and choose the top three based on originality, strength of the arguments and writing style.
- The contest is open to Canadian residents only. Any Canadian resident may apply.
- One entry per person.
- The prize is not redeemable in cash, and must be accepted as awarded.
- The conditions of entry include: applicants must provide their name, email address, postal code and submit a letter online to our online form with a maximum of 500 words.
- By entering the contest, you give Environmental Defence permission to publish, online or in print, your letter with you identified as the author. You also give Environmental Defence permission to contact you with updates about the campaign.
- Environmental Defence staff will read each entry and select the 3 winners based on originality, strength of arguments and writing style. The decision will be final and not subject to substitution or dispute by contest participants.
- The approximate value of the prizes are: iPad for first place ($1,000), $100 iTunes gift certificate for second place ($100), $50 iTunes gift certificate for third place ($50).
- The deadline for entry is February 4, 2011.
- Contestants will be notified of the winners by email on February 11, 2011.”
Good Luck/Bonne Chance!
You may also like: