What will delight your taste buds today?
You’ll love this simple, scrumptious Orzo Salad. The following recipe makes four servings.
- 1 1/2 cups of cubed or chopped, fried tofu (purchased)
- 2 cups cooked Orzo
- 1 cup roasted eggplant, chopped
- 1 cup roasted red onions, chopped
- 1 cup roasted red bell peppers, chopped
- fresh herbs, chopped
- Mix together in a large bowl .
- Store covered in refrigerator.
Dressing: 1 cup of either mayonnaise, purchased salad dressing (your favorite), or plain yogurt
Orzo, strictly speaking, is rice-shaped pasta. It looks like rice, but it’s really made of hard wheat semolina. Orzo is also known as risone in Italian, manéstra or kritharáki (“little barley”) in Greek, and şehriye (in Turkish). For families with children, Orzo can be substituted with Alfabetini which is small-sized alphabet pasta. And for cheese lovers: fried tofu and smoked feta cheese are interchangeable. Fried tofu may be purchased in a Chinese market.
What would you do to make this Orzo Salad more tasty for your taste buds? We would love to hear from you.