This video presents Manolis L Oil Leak in Notre Dame Bay Canada.
- 600,000 liters began to leak into Notre Dame Bay in April 2013.
- This video highlights the events to date and the potential for a disaster to occur at anytime.
- For information email firstname.lastname@example.org or check www.manolisl.blogspot.ca .
Hosted by Carolyn R Parsons Chaffey
Sunday, January 18 at 3:00pm in UTC-03:30
Twillingate, NL in Twillingate, Newfoundland and Labrador AOG
Route: Departing Twillingate North Side Rest Stop (Just North of Twillingate Adventure Tours or at St Peter’s Church Parking Lot) at 3pm and proceeding slowly towards St. Peter’s Anglican Cemetery. Endpoint : Outside the Twillingate Museum.
Manolis L Citizens Response Committee Meeting to be held on Sunday January 18th at 1pm at the Earth, Sea & Sky Gallery, 122 Main St, Twillingate (Big yellow heritage building between Ted Stuckless Fine Arts and Isles Flower Shop).
The public is invited to the demonstration in Twillingate to mark the 30th anniversary of the sinking of the Manolis L that has been leaking oil into Notre Dame Bay for nearly two years.
“We will gather and walk together and show our displeasure at the temporary and inadequate solutions to this very serious situation.
We want the government of Canada to remove the oil before in a controlled manner before it all leaks out into Notre Dame Bay!
Simultaneously a walk will be happening in Ottawa where friends will be walking in solidarity.
It is our hope that others will walk in other places.
Please join us in Twillingate and show your support. The event will be live-tweeted. Follow @carolynrparsons on twitter hashtag #nloilspill.
Please dress warmly for walking and wear black if possible to create a sombre tone.
Ottawa friends of Change Islands who share our love for the beauty of our pristine bay are gathering and walking in support of our efforts to have the oil removed from Manolis L. They will be meeting on the canal at the 5th Ave entrance at the Ritz Canal Restaurant at 2 pm on Sunday where they will participate in a walk in solidarity with the Twillingate Rally! Some will skate and some will walk. There will be a banner and a hand out for other skaters on the canal! Dress warm and bring friends. This event will last about one hour. Please take lots of photos! Thank you friends in the capital for your support!
We need you to INVITE your friends to the Demonstration especially those within driving distance of the event! Go into the demonstration event page, on the upper right it says “invite” click and choose friends. You can invite anyone you wish that way! Please help get the word out!!! https://www.facebook.com/events/756084181133557/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular “
Carolyn R Parsons Chaffey
CBC News and Yahoo News reported that Bill Bryden noticed what he thinks is an oil slick on the coastline near Cape Freels beach…several ducks, as well as the seal, covered in oil.
“…government needs to explore its options about how to extract the oil from the oil carrier, which sank in Notre Dame Bay in in 1985 and still contains roughly 500 tonnes of fuel.
“Hopefully some politician will realize that there’s $405-million sitting in an oil cleanup fund that’s not being used, or supposed to be sitting there, and spend a little bit of it and if it costs $20 or $30 or $40-million to get that oil out of that ship before it wipes out this coastline — then that’s what they need to be doing,” he said.”
You may also want to know:
- You’re Invited: Equity Literacy Forum- Towards a Classism Reduction Strategy for Ontario Oct.29, 2014
- Panasonic: Send in Your Solar Lantern’s Designs by Jan.31, 2015 for “Cut Out the Darkness”- Indonesia
- Make Poverty History: Canadians, Please Add Your Voices to the Call for a Federal Anti-Poverty Plan Now
- Caledon Institute of Social Policy Releases a New Report on Welfare Incomes: “Welfare in Canada 2013″
- Please Help Create the World’s Largest Marine Sanctuary in the Pacific: Petition Before Aug.11, 2014
- New “Pronghorn Management Guides” Presents 33 Photos of Pronghorn Conservation in USA, Mexico and Canada
- Urgent Petition to Stop the Destruction of an Indonesian Rainforest & Save Orangutans, Tigers, Elephants & Rhinos
- Please Urge European Patent Convention’s States to Close Loopholes That Let Companies Patent Vegetables & Fruits
- Please Petition Walmart to Sign onto Fire Safety Inspection Program Supported by Bangladeshi to Prevent Tragedies
- Please Stop Line 9 – Oil Spills in Toronto: Community Forums – Apr.7-8 & Telephone Town Hall Meeting – Apr.9, 2013
- McAfee: Superstar Soccer Players’ Screensavers and “Skills” Video Downloads are Risky to Search for Online (McAfee’s FREE SiteAdvisor)
- Panasonic + UNESCO: Beautiful 2015 World Heritage Calendar App for PCs & Tablets in Five Languages (FREE App)
- Photography Copyright Kit (FREE)
- Olympus ‘Anywhere Classroom’ Video Series Starts June 26, 2014: An Online FREE Photography Class Using Olympus OM-D Cameras & Lenses
- Nikon Canada Invites Canadian Residents to Nikon Image Space: An Online Service for Sharing Photos or Recording Memories (FREE online service for all Canadian residents to share & record images: FREE two GB of storage for everyone and Nikon camera owners get an extra FREE 18 GB of storage.)
- Nikon’s New Download Center for Nikon Digital Cameras & Related Products: Offers Software & Manuals in 43 Languages
- You’re Invited: Camera Obscura at The Photographers’ Gallery (FREE admission in London, UK)
- You’re Invited to the New Leica Fotopark: A Photo Platform for Passionate Photographers to Discover, Exchange, Organise, Create [Registration on www.leica-fotopark is FREE, as is the use of the platform for data volumes of up to ten gigabytes (GB)]
- Sony’s Global Imaging Ambassadors’ #FutureofCities: You’re Invited to Share Photos from Your Changing Cities
- Samsung NX1 Mirrorless Camera Showcases 4K UHD Capabilities in New Film Created by Joseph Gordon-Levitt: ‘IN A CITY’ is Launched Today
- Sony World Photography Awards 2015 For All: Enter Now for Professional, Open, Youth and Cruises Competitions
- Olympus PEN Selfie Contest: Post Monthly Your Selfies on Instagram Through 11:59 p.m. Dec.31, 2014 / Jan.31, Feb.28, Mar.31, 2015 Japan Standard Time
- ‘The Societies’ Photographic Convention and Trade Show’ in UK Jan.14-18, 2015 + The Societies’ 20×16″ Print Competition 2014: Mailed Prints to Be Received Before Dec.31, 2014 (FREE Photographic Trade Show*: *Register before 31 December 2014 to avoid entry fee to Trade Show)
- Calling Artists for Nuit Blanche 2015: Info Sessions Jan.5, 12 + Submission Deadlines Jan.19, Feb.17
- Canon Europe’s Film Competition: Upload a 15-Second Film with #SpacetoPlay Before 23:59 (CET) on 22 Jan.2015 (This contest is open to residents of United Kingdom & Ireland, Germany, France, Spain and The Netherlands.)
- #Ricohrama Content Creators Contest for USA Users of Ricoh WG-M1 Camera: Submit an Action Video Before Jan.25, 2015, 11:59 PM (ET) [Contest is open only to legal residents of the contiguous United States.]
- IPA 2015 OneShot Competition–The Theme is HOME: Submit Your Photographs Before Jan.31, 2015 (11:59pm PST)
- Leica Oskar Barnack Award 2015 for Photographers: Submit Online Applications Between 15 January and 1 March 2015
- New Intel Security Digital Safety Program for Children + Enter the Think Before You Link Sweepstakes Until March 13, 2015
- Fujifilm 2015 Student Awards – ‘REFLECTIONS – Film’ for UK Students + ‘REFLECTIONS –Instax’ for All in UK: Enter Contest Before 31 March 2015
- Two Toronto Photography Exhibitions: The Past is Never Far (July 12 & 13) + Toronto Does Her ‘Bit’ (Jul.26, 2014-Jan.17, 2015) FREE Admission to Both Exhibitions
- You’re Invited: “New Year, New You with OLYMPUS PEN” Photography Courses in London, UK, Jan.21, 2015 (FREE Courses in UK)
- Canadian Photographer Sarah Anne Johnson Will Create Toronto’s First Monumental Photographic Mural: To Be Completed by May 1, 2015
- National Gallery of Canada and Imperial War Museums Ask You to Share Online Family Photos of World War 1
- Nova Scotian Photographers Age 50 or Older: Exhibit Your Work in the Seniors’ Art and Photo Gallery in Halifax
- McAfee: Most Dangerous Celebrities Study + Most Dangerous Celebrity Sweepstakes Ends at 5 PM PDT Oct.31, 2014
- You’re Invited: Download Leica Fotografie International App for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Android
- Celebrate: Fort York Visitor Centre (five new exhibitions is opened inside the new Visitor Centre in 2014 – 2015)
- Put Food in the Budget: Please Urge Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne to Raise Social Assistance Rates Now!
- Please Urge Ontario Political Leaders to Keep Their Promise to End Poverty in Ontario by Taking Decisive Action
- Please Urge Premier Wynne to Increase Ontario Works’ Base Rate by $100 a Month & Not Cut the Special Diet Allowance
- C.A.P.I.C’s Victory: Canadian Photographers Officially Own the Copyright to All of Their Work Effective Nov.7, 2012
- Ontario Place: Transforming into a Year-Round, Multi-Use Waterfront Community & Urban Park for Canadians