This video presents “Toronto s Flood-Damaged Items Create Heavy Work for City.”
- “An abundance of flood-damaged household items as a result of last week’s record rainfall has created a large-scale clean-up effort for city and privately-owned crews.“
This is an update to the following previous blogs:
- Toronto Alert: Special Garbage Pickup for Flood-Damaged Materials Continues for a Few Days and Other Changes;
To assist with clean up after the recent flooding of July 8, the City of Toronto is waiving permit fees (which usually cost $49.89 a day) for the placement of private disposal bins within the public right of way (the area beyond your property line).
- That is, the permits will be offered to residents FREE of charge from July 17 to 31 only.
- Pending approval of the application, disposal bins will be allowed to be placed within the public right of way.
- FREE permits will be offered under the following conditions: