The following video presents What YOU Can Do About Climate Change:
“Reducing your carbon footprint just got easier. This video uses animations and humour to teach people how they can personally help prevent global warming.
This is just one of the free educational products available in the “Climate Insights 101″ series. Created by the Pacific Institute for Climate Solutions (PICS) — a collaboration of British Columbia’s four research intensive universities.”
The City of Toronto has set a goal to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 80% by the year 2050 to help reduce the most negative impact of climate change.
“TransformTO is a project that will engage Toronto residents and businesses in imagining the transformative changes we will need to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions by 80%, while at the same time improving public health, enhancing our local economy, and reducing social inequalities….
Reducing our emissions to address climate change will involve a community-wide effort. TransformTO will be co-created with ideas, advice and input from residents, businesses, community organizations, and research institutions, and analysis will help us identify what is technically feasible as we look to create the best path to a low carbon future.
Two separate but related documents will be created:
- A short-term strategy (2017-2020) outlining the actions that will allow Toronto to meet its 30% greenhouse gas emissions target by 2020 through policy and programming.
- A long-term (2020-2050) approach that will identify how we can reduce emissions by 80% by 2050 while generating a healthier, more prosperous and equitable city.
TransformTO community conversations:
Events will begin with an open house from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., followed by a presentation and conversations from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Seating is limited. Please register online.
- Monday, April 25 at Metro Hall, 55 John St. Register
- Wednesday, April 27 at Ken Cox Community Centre, 28 Colonel Samuel Smith Park Dr. Register
- Tuesday, May 3 at Scarborough Civic Centre, 150 Borough Dr. Register
- Monday, May 9 at North York Memorial Hall, 5110 Yonge St. Register
Residents can learn more about TransformTO and register to attend at: toronto.ca/transformto.
Residents invited to community conversations to help shape Toronto’s low-carbon future
Residents are invited to help shape Toronto’s future as a low-carbon city by participating in a series of community conversations in April and May, as part of TransformTO: Climate Action for a Healthy, Equitable and Prosperous Toronto. Continue reading “You’re Invited to Community Conversations About “TransformTO: Climate Action for a Healthy, Equitable and Prosperous Toronto” on April 25 & 27 and May 3 & 9, 2016″