This video presents “Hong Kong is Canada favored trade hub with 300,000 Canadian live in HK”:
- Speaker: J. Ian Burchett, Canadian Consul General, Hong Kong
- “Hong Kong has rocketed to join the top 10 trade partners with Canada, mainly due to the SAR’s dynamic and sophisticated marketplace, says Canada’s recently-appointed Consul General in Hong Kong
- Ian Burchett says his country’s largest consulate abroad explains to Canadian companies how to use Hong Kong as a platform for Asia
- Sleepless in Hong Kong – James Ian Burchett was appointed Canada’s Consul General in Hong Kong and Macau in April
- He has served at various Canadian diplomatic missions since 1990, including Beijing and Washington DC
- Mr Burchett says Asia is a key priority for Canada, with Hong Kong and Macau playing an important role in Canadian commercial success in the region“
Exporting into New Markets: China and Hong Kong
November 8, 2012 – Toronto, Canada
FREE Admission for Companies Located Within the City of Toronto
8:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (registration begins at 8:15 a.m.)
Venue: Ontario Investment and Trade Centre, 250 Yonge Street, 35th Floor, Toronto, Ontario, M7A 2H1
Presented by the City of Toronto and the Canada China Business Council
Hong Kong is an excellent channel for accessing China’s consumers, and offers many advantages for foreign companies interested in exporting to this diverse and expanding market. On Thursday, November 8, join the City of Toronto and the Canada China Business Council (CCBC) to learn how to leverage Hong Kong and export into China.
CCBC members and non-members are invited to purchase tickets for this important event. City of Toronto companies will receive complimentary registration. If you have any questions, please contact Karen Jiang, program officer for CCBC Toronto, at (416) 954-3800 ext. 317 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.