This is an update to my previous blog Health Hazard Alert: Certain COMPLIMENTS Brand Salads and Prepared Foods Recalled.
Due to Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) monitoring the recall of certain salads and in-store prepared foods containing lettuce possibly contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes bacteria, the public warning that was issued voluntarily by importer Sobeys Inc. (Mississauga, Ontario, Canada) is now expanded to include:
- new salad products described in the expanded Public Advisory table below
- affected Compliments brand salad products and Sensations brand salad products
- all affected salad products bearing Best Before dates 12MA12 to 12MA29 (May 12 to 29, 2012) inclusive
- and additional codes of previously recalled salads, which are also given in the expanded Public Advisory table below
- updated national distribution info
The details of this updated recall are as follows: