Here are some celebratory events as well as green events in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Most are FREE events.
Wychwood Barns Community Association (WBCA)
THE 100TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE ST. CLAIR STREETCAR AND WYCHWOOD CARHOUSE
A CELEBRATION OF HERITAGE, ARTS AND THE COMMUNITY
September 13 – 21
Artscape Wychwood Barns
601 Christie Street, Toronto
Contact Info: Ruth Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org
St Clair Streetcar Line Centennial Celebration includes the following FREE events.
- Historic Exhibit – Our Past Is Our Present: September 14 – 15.
- Enjoy an exhibit drawing on rarely seen archival images and contemporary photographs that portray the changing identity of St. Clair over the past 100 years.
- Where: Barn #2, Artscape Wychwood Barns
- September 14 — 9am – 5pm
- September 15 — 11am – 5pm.
- Ride the Historic PCC Streetcar: September 14 – 15, noon – 4pm.
- Where: Along St. Clair Ave. W. between Bathurst St. and Lansdowne Ave.
- Enjoy a FREE ride on a historic PCC streetcar, which will be animated by two Toronto transit and history experts, Greg Gormick and Steve Munro.
- Tour the Historic Peter Witt Streetcar: September 15, noon – 4pm.
- TTC Advertising Exhibit – A Sign of the Times: Exhibit continues to September 21.
- Where: Community Gallery, Artscape Wychwood Barns.
- Journey through time while viewing TTC advertisements and other artefacts that reflect the impact of world events on our city, our social norms and our values over the past seventy years.
Friday, September 13 — 5pm – 9pm
Saturday, September 14 — 9am – 5pm
Sunday, September 15 — 11am – 5pm
Wednesday, September 18 to Friday, September 20 — 5pm – 9pm
Saturday, September 21 — 9am – 2pm
- “St. Clair West: The Growth of a Streetcar Suburb” Walking Tour: September 15, 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
- Donations are encouraged.
- Visit some of the area’s sites of historic and architectural significance, including the Wychwood Car Barns, streetcar maintenance buildings which now house a lively arts and community centre.
- Tour Leaders are Diana Sernick and Sheryl Mitchell, Wychwood Barns Community Association.
- Start Point: St Clair Ave W at Wells Hill Ave (2 blocks E of Bathurst St).
- Please meet at South entrance to St. Clair West Subway Station.
- Finish Point: Artscape Wychwood Barns.
- Length: Approx. 2 hours.
- Focus: Historical, architectural.
- Difficulty: Average walk on sidewalks, some park grounds.
- This walking tour is part of Toronto Heritage Tours’ 2013 Program.
- Silent Film at Wychwood Theatre: September 14, 2:30 pm and September 15, 4 pm
- Where: Wychwood Theatre, Artscape Wychwood Barns
- In honour of the Centennial, Silent Sundays @ the Revue Cinema brings a silent film (featuring streetcars of course!) to the Wychwood Theatre featuring live accompaniment by musicians William O’Meara and Tania Gill.
- Please click here for more info about this silent film.
- ST. CLAIR WEST “ROCKIN’ THE ROCKET” SIDEWALK SALE + CELEBRATIONS: September 14 – 15, noon – 5pm
- Stroll along St. Clair Ave. W. from Bathurst St. to Dufferin St. and enjoy live music, characters in period costume, window displays, commemorative food & drink, and more.
- Hosted by the area’s three Business Improvement Associations.
- Please click here for the St. Clair Streetcar and Wychwood Carhouse Centennial Celebration’s programming and events schedule.