Here are some great events in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Most events are FREE.
This video presents “What a Free Feeling!”
- “Join Torontonians for the 2013 Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon Charity Challenge and Neighbourhood Challenge on October 20th.
- Make great things happen by running or walking for others.
- Or be a super-spectator and cheer on the runners in your neighbourhood.
- The Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon – It’s a Free Feeling! Join the show!“
Canada Running Series
Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon 2013 Super Event
FREE Expo & International Friendship Run: October 18-19
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Via the Scotiabank Charity Challenge and the Neighbourhood Challenge, the 2012 Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon raised a record-breaking $4,379,092.67 in support of 181 local charities and neighbourhood groups in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- The full and half marathon start on University Avenue just north of Adelaide Street and finish in the heart of downtown at City Hall, at Bay and Queen Street.
- They head out and back along the lakeshore on a flat course.
- Here are some highlights of this event.
- There are bands and Neighbourhood Entertainment Centres every 2 kilometres, cheerleaders, and numerous aid stations.
- All participants get technical t-shirts and finisher’s medals.
- It’s a festive, full weekend that starts with guru John Stanton at the FREE 2-day Expo, Friday and Saturday.
- There’s a Saturday morning (FREE) short International Friendship Run, hosted by the Running Room, and a post-race Victory party in Nathan Phillips Square from 10:00am to 3:30pm on Sunday.
- Please click here for the complete schedule of activities and their locations.
City of Toronto Celebrates Renovations at Carlton Park
6 to 7 p.m.; remarks at 6:10 p.m.
- Councillor Ana Bailão (Ward 18 Davenport) and City of Toronto staff will join members of the community to celebrate renovations to Carlton Park with a corn roast and a ribbon-cutting ceremony.
- The City has invested about $200,000 to provide accessible entrances with ornamental paving, accessible asphalt paths, park benches, a drinking fountain, a sandbox, stone seat walls, shade trees, planting beds and increased lawn areas.
13th Annual Italian Language Week in the World
Istituto Italiano di Cultura and the Consulate General of Switzerland
Screening of JUMP
Directed by Bindu de Stoppani
Language: Italian with English subtitles
Jump (Switzerland – 2011 – 93 min.)
October 18, 2013
Istituto Italiano di Cultura
496 Huron St., Toronto
Infoline: 416.921.3802 ext. 221
City of Toronto to Celebrate New Playground Equipment at Susan Tibaldi Park
Refreshments will provided
10 a.m.; remarks at 10:10 a.m.
- Councillor Ana Bailão (Ward 18 Davenport) and City of Toronto staff will join members of the community to celebrate new playground equipment at Susan Tibaldi Park with a ribbon-cutting ceremony.
- Following the event at 10:45 a.m., refreshments will provided by Bloordale BIA and Duffy’s Tavern located at 1238 Bloor St. W.
- The City has invested about $160,000 for the following improvements to the playground at the park.
Continue reading “You’re Invited: Great Events in Toronto October 18 – November 10, 2013 + Toronto News & Alerts”