This is an update to my previous blogs:
Concerning certain frozen beef products that were manufactured by New Food Classics (1122 International Blvd., Suite 601, Burlington, Ontario, Canada), and recalled due to E. coli bacteria in certain frozen beef products, the Canadian Food Inspection Agency’s (CFIA’s) continued investigation produced the following results for the present time:
- Table of recalled products and updated identification codes, which is the list of products provided in the Health Hazard Alert issued on March 22, 2012 and now updated to include the following new info:
- The final day of production has been updated to February 16, 2012.
- The affected product, Ground Beef – Fresh, is sold in a 9.07 kg package, bearing the Establishment number (EST) 761, a product code of 55362 and a production date code format of 11 JL 01 up to including 12 FE16.
- This fresh product was originally prepared for Five Guys Enterprises but was also sold frozen.
- The second product was manufactured at Establishment 530, New Food Classics located in St.Catharines, Ontario using recalled product received from Establishment 761.
- The affected product, Country Fried Style Breaded Beef Steak Chopped and Formed, is sold in a 3.90 kg package, bearing the Establishment number (EST) 530, a product code of 50988 and a production code format of 19-SEP-11 up to including 17-Feb-12.
- These products have been distributed nationally through restaurant and institutional establishments.
- This recall is part of an ongoing food safety investigation.
- The CFIA is working with the responsible company and distributors to identify all affected products and verify all information regarding the products listed in the table.
- As information becomes available, it will be updated in the table on the CFIA website to help consumers identify all affected products.
Please click here to see a recent news video (March 20, 2012) of the beef recall.
For info on the pathogen E. Coli 0157:H7 – bacteria and related food safety facts, please click here.