At the Peterborough Airport, “the longest runway between Toronto and Ottawa will fuel tourism and the local economy, bringing about countless new opportunities for local businesses to grow and create even more jobs,” said Dalton McGuinty, Premier of Ontario, in this video:
About 550 new jobs for Canadians will be created due to Ontario partnering with companies for projects and supporting their investments.
Here are the beneficial results of the Ontario government’s proactive approach to partner with business and industry:
- In 2010, Ontario was named a top destination for foreign direct investment in North America, second only to California. The province attracted a total of 127 Foreign Direct Investment projects, which created more than 11,200 jobs.
- In June of this year, Ontario created more jobs than the rest of Canada and the United States combined.
- KPMG calculates that Ontario has an 11.3 per cent cost advantage for research and development relative to the United States.
- Since October 2003, Ontario has created 524,100 net new jobs for Ontario families.
- So far, Ontario has created 97,700 net new jobs for Ontario families in 2011.
- As a result of the tax changes implemented in Ontario, taxes on business investment were cut in half, making Ontario more competitive and encouraging business growth.
These new jobs will be created by companies and businesses such as: