This video presents “The story of LEAF part 2”:
- LEAF (Local Enhancement & Appreciation of Forests) is a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting and improving urban forests through planting, training and education initiatives.
- LEAF’s Backyard Tree Planting Program offers:
- Native trees and shrubs to property owners in Toronto and York Region, at a subsidized cost
- Professional arborists – assist residents in making educated decisions about the type of tree that suits the property, focusing on getting the right tree in the right place:
- Since their first planting season in 1996, over 13,000 native trees and shrubs have been planted in backyards, helping to create greener communities and a healthier urban forest”
LEAF (Local Enhancement & Appreciation of Forests) invites you to the following seven green events: