This video presents “Premier of Ontario, Kathleen Wynne, announces new Strategy for Youth Employment in Toronto.”
- “Jobs and Opportunity for Youth | Des emplois et des possibilités pour la jeunesse.
- The new Ontario government launched its comprehensive Youth Jobs Strategy, which would help more young people find jobs and make sure employers can hire the skilled workers they need to thrive in today’s economy.
- A highly skilled and adaptable workforce is critical to Ontario’s continued economic success.“
- The following funding strategy would focus on jobs, entrepreneurship and innovation for youth in Ontario:
- Ontario Youth Employment Fund – would create new job opportunities for youth across Ontario.
- Ontario Youth Entrepreneurship Fund – supports the next generation of entrepreneurs through mentorship, startup capital and outreach.
- Ontario Youth Innovation Fund – supports youth to lead and manage industrial research, development and commercialization.
It would also support young entrepreneurs at universities and colleges.
- Business-Labour Connectivity and Training Fund to bring together business, labour, educators and youth to better prepare young people to develop the skills they need to succeed.
“The entire funding strategy would be supported by a total investment of $295 million over two years, and would create 30,000 new job opportunities.“
Youth Employment Fund Starting September 2013
- As part of the new Youth Jobs Strategy, Ontario’s new Youth Employment Fund will help more young people find jobs as well as ensure that employers can find the skilled workers they need to grow their businesses.
- Starting this September, the fund will help employers offer four-to six-month job and training placements for young people seeking work.
- Ontario will provide up to $7,800 to cover a range of supports and services for each eligible young worker under the Youth Employment Fund which includes the following perks: