This is an update to these previous blogs:
- Third List of Recalled Castle Cheese Inc.’s Products: Okanagan’s Choice Cheese Brand Shredded Cheese;
- Alert: Signature Cafe, Fresh’n Delicious and Nester’s Own Brand Caesar Salad Products Recalled (second list-part b);
- Health Hazard Alert: Sun Valley and Castle Brand Shredded Cheese Products Recalled (second list-part a); and
- Health Hazard Alert: Certain Okanagan’s Choice Cheese Brand Chipped Parmesan Cheese is Recalled (first list; June 20, 2013).
Additional product information was identified during the Canadian Food Inspection Agency’s (CFIA) food safety investigation. This fifth list (as shown in the CFIA’s advisory below) includes these affected products being recalled because they were made from or contain shredded cheese products that have been recalled by Castle Cheese Inc.
- Industry is recalling various shredded cheese, pasta, and salad products from the marketplace due to possible Listeria contamination.
- Consumers should not consume the recalled products described below.
Regarding Castle Cheese Inc.’s recall, the details are as follows.