Barb Stegemann is a Canadian from Nova Scotia, Halifax, who is the founder and CEO of The 7 Virtues.
Her product line is The 7 Virtues fragrances made with legal plant oils (organic essential oils) grown in countries experiencing war or strife.
As a philanthropic CEO, Barb Stegemann explained the business of The 7 Virtues as follows:
“We source organic oils for our fragrances from countries like Afghanistan and Haiti with future oils being sourced from the Middle East and Africa. Every time we purchase legal organic oils from Afghanistan, we are doing our part to provide alternatives to the illegal poppy crop which causes instability in our own towns and communities as well as Afghanistan as the illegal poppy crop accounts for 90 per cent of the world’s heroine drug trade.
Our goal is to encourage others to do trade with business people in Afghanistan and other nations experiencing strife as a part of the solution to building peace.”
She also became the first woman from Atlantic Canada to receive a victorious deal in the Dragons’ Den.
And this was The 7 Virtues’ victorious deal in the Dragons’ Den:
- $75,000 for 15 per cent of the company
- Plus Dragon Brett became her mentor
Here are the exciting results of The 7 Virtues’ victorious deal:
- The 7 Virtues fragrances are available in 12 Bay stores in major Canadian cities
- they are planning to expand to the rest of Canada
- they have also secured trademark rights in the U.S. and Europe and hope to expand there
- they have two fragrances from Afghanistan on shelves and are developing one from Haiti
Congratualtions Barb Stegemann!