Do you have something to complain about? Well, then the World Stage’s Complaints Choir at Harbourfront Centre in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, wants you and your complaints! World Stage is giving you an opportunity to be creative with your complaints.
Complaints Choir was originally conceived by Kalleinen and Kochta-Kalleinen (Finland).
Complaints Choir: FREE Community Art Project & Music
Join the complaints conversation in the following three ways:
- by submitting a complaint; please click here to submit your complaint, (simply complete the form at the top of this page)
- by singing in the Complaints Choir – if you are also interested in singing in the complaints’ choir, please click here to check the box that says, “Yes, I want to participate in the choir as well!” and submit your name and email to receive ongoing updates.
- or both – complain and sing in the Complaints Choir!
Here’s how it works:
“Once the World Stage team has received everyone’s complaints, the resident composer and lyricist, will create a song using the complaints as lyrics.
From there, they’ll form a choir to rehearse and sing this entirely new and unique piece of music.
You don’t have to be a professional singer to join in. The music is created so that anyone can take part.
And if you really don’t want to sing, you can come and watch as your complaints ring from the rooftops.”
If you want to be involved, here is the rehearsal schedule:
An initial meeting for all participants will be held Sunday, January 23rd, 2011 from 4-6pm in the Studio Theatre inside York Quay Centre.
The tentative Complaints Choir rehearsal schedule is as follows (exact times to be determined):
- Monday, March 7th, 2011 (evening)
- Monday, March 14th, 2011 (evening)
- Thursday, March 17th, 2011 (evening)
- Sunday, March 20th, 2011 (TBD)
Want to watch? Keep your eyes on this page in the coming months for details on the Complaints Choir performances. The choir will be popping up everywhere the week of March 21-26, 2011.
Please note the following requirements of Harbourfront Centre:
“By submitting your written complaint, you waive all rights to Harbourfront Centre to use, not use and/or edit your complaint for the Complaints Choir’s song, including but not limited to live and/or recorded performances. There will be no monetary compensation and/or accreditation for any complaint submitted, used, not used and/or edited by Harbourfront Centre. By entering your complaint, you agree to the above terms and conditions.”
GETTING THERE BY CAR – PLEASE NOTE!
PARKING: The York Quay South Lot (P2) on Queens Quay West, between York and Lower Simcoe Streets, is closed indefinitely for construction. Please click here for alternate parking locations and instructions.
235 Queens Quay West,
Canada M5J 2G8
Phone | 416-973-4600
Fax | 416-973-6055
Complain to Your Heart’s Content!