Here is a video of 2010 Spring Show
The Toronto International Bicycle Show is back with very exciting events and thrilling activities from Friday March 4, 2011 to Sunday March 6, 2011.
There are even bicycle giveaways whereby you can win a new bicycle from selected radio stations.
Also, admission is FREE for ages 5 and under.
For immediate release
Helping the environment and giving back to the community for a quarter century
TORONTO INTERNATIONAL BICYCLE SHOW ENTERS ITS 25TH SUCCESSFUL YEAR!
The Toronto International Bicycle Show is continuing its tradition of staging the industry’s top annual spectacle while, at the same time, helping the environment and giving back to the community. As the industry’s No. 1 exclusive Canadian bicycle consumer show enters its 25th year, attendance figures are holding and more importantly, surveys indicate that 50% of visitors still purchase product at this show. Some 37% of visitors are 18-34 and 31% are 35 to 49 years of age, so the popularity of cycling is not restricted to any specific age group. The show is also a hit with young people – 13% who attended last year were 17 and under.
The show also gives back to the community. It sponsors BAM (Bicycle Assembly and Maintenance Program), donates BMX Ramps to the City of Toronto’s BMX Program and gives free space and show passes annually to 22 Ontario clubs and associations to promote recreational cycling.
Last year the show launched a new event – the amazing, high-energy Spin Event in support of Kids with Cancer that saw dozens of participants cycle for hours without interruption to the music of live, on-stage bands. Huge multi-media screens and motivational speakers added to the thrills.
Of course, cycling conserves air, water and other natural resources, reduces greenhouse gas emissions, noise levels and promotes a healthier, more active lifestyle. And while those facts make bicycles better for our environment, it’s also the show’s ongoing line-up of thrilling, world-class competitions, special events, hands-on activities and the most up-to-date displays of new products and accessories that have contributed to its success year after year. For example:
• Pro Mountain Bike Competition. Sponsored by Pizza Pizza, the all-new Toronto Indoor Stadium Dual Slalom Race and Freestyle Stunt
Competition will take place on a diabolical course on the floor of The Better Living Centre. Pro Mountain Bike Competition riders will take part in
qualifying and final events all weekend, racing for thousands of dollars in prize money and awards.
• The Toronto BMX Jam returns with some of the world’s best Professional Street Course BMX Riders battling it out for thousands in cash and
prizes. It’s an incredible spectacle. Riding in heats of 4 riders allows this competition to be one of the most exciting in the world. Saturday
afternoon’s Pro Qualifying and the Pro Finals on Sunday afternoon, promise to be spectacular events with amazing stunts.
• CFO Pro/Am BMX Flatland Freestyle Competition. Many of the world’s best freestylers showcase their radical tricks and performances.
• Meta Bikes Trials Contest. Top riders will compete and provide a thrilling spectacle for showgoers.
• Spin Event. Held over to 2012’s show, and with major improvements planned, it promises to be one of the the industry’s biggest action cycling
events ever staged at a consumer show.
• Manufacturers Showcase special area. See what’s new and hot in bicycles, accessories and apparel for 2011.
• Retail Marketplace special area. Purchase the latest bicycle products from the major Toronto and surrounding area cycling retailers.
• Electric Bicycle Exhibitors will showcase the latest technology and products.
• Kid’s Place. A special fun area for children (adult supervision required) featuing a bouncing castle, face painting, magician and clown.
• The Test Ride Zone. Retailers will accompany you to this special area where you can try out the latest street bikes and mountain bikes.
• Bicycle Clubs. Meet club reps, and learn how they can make your cycling more enjoyable. Enroll or enter one of the many events featured.
• Top Frame Builder Exhibitors. See what’s new and hot for 2011.
• Bicycle Giveaways. Win a new bicycle from selected radio stations.
• Free bicycle parking.