The City of Toronto’s golf courses (Ontario, Canada) are teed-up to open this Tuesday, April 12.
If you like golf or want to try golf, you may want to consider starting the golf season at one of the City of Toronto’s five public golf courses which are accessible by public transit, are affordable and offer a variety of programming for families, youth, adults and seniors.
Toronto’s golf courses program includes:
- green fees are reasonable,
- with reduced rates for juniors and seniors,
- a 9-hole morning rate off the back nine,
- a twilight special for early evening players,
- easily accessible by public transit and open everyday from mid-April to mid-November, it’s easy to make a round part of your day,
- all five golf courses will open at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, April 12,
- holes 3, 4 and 5 at Don Valley are temporarily closed for construction. Twilight rates apply until the holes are re-opened
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
April 8, 2011
City of Toronto golf courses teed-up to open this Tuesday
Members of the media are invited to bring their clubs (irons only) to join Councillor Norm Kelly, Chair of the Parks and Environment Committee (Ward 40 Scarborough-Agincourt), and representatives from the City of Toronto’s Parks, Forestry and Recreation division to open another season of golf in Toronto. The City’s five public golf courses are accessible by public transit, are affordable and offer a variety of programming for families, youth, adults and seniors.
Date: Tuesday, April 12 (rain or shine)
Time: 8:30 a.m.
Location: Tam O’Shanter Golf Course, 2481 Birchmount Rd.
Toronto is Canada’s largest city and sixth largest government, and home to a diverse population of about 2.6 million people. Toronto’s government is dedicated to delivering customer service excellence, creating a transparent and accountable government, reducing the size and cost of government and building a transportation city. For information on non-emergency City services and programs, Toronto residents, businesses and visitors can dial 311, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.