This video shows the full version of the Cavalcade of Lights’ fireworks display after the Christmas tree lighting ceremony on November 27, 2010 at Nathan Philips Square in Toronto, Ontario, Canada:
Come celebrate the holiday season at the FREE Cavalcade of Lights event on Saturday, at Nathan Phillips Square, 100 Queen St. West, Toronto on November 26, 2011 with the following happenings :
- Pre-Show from 5 to 7 pm
- Main Event at 7 p.m
- Tree Lighting Ceremony at 7:15 pm
- Musical Concert with Special Guests at 7:20 pm
To be presented by Scotiabank, the highlights of the FREE Cavalcade of Lights event include:
- Some of Canada’s top musical talent at the live outdoor musical concert which features
- JUNO Award-winning artist Jarvis Church,
- JUNO Jazz Winner Kellylee Evans,
- MuchMusic Video Award-winning JRDN,
- Rising star Justin Hines and
- Singer Victoria Duffield
- The concert culminates in a breathtaking fireworks display at 8 p.m.,
- Followed by a DJ skating party, sponsored by Timothy’s World Coffee, on Nathan Phillips Square ice rink
- Nathan Phillips Square’s new Skate Pavilion will officially open with the beginning of the skate season
- The new Skate Pavilion features:
- a new skate rental
- change room space
- new public washrooms
- rink support facilities for the skating rink
- a roof terrace where the public can take in the panoramic view of the square
Phone within Toronto city limits: 311
Phone outside city limits: 416-392-CITY (2489)
(can be used within Toronto if you can’t reach 311)
TTY customers: 416-338-0TTY (0889)
If your matter is urgent, please call City of Toronto. They are open 24/7.
Always call 911 for emergencies.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
November 8, 2011
Toronto lights up the sky at Cavalcade of Lights
Toronto’s 45th annual holiday celebration, Cavalcade of Lights presented by Scotiabank, will kick off the holiday season on Saturday, November 26 at 7 p.m. Featuring some of Canada’s top musical talent, a fireworks show and a skating party on the iconic Nathan Phillips Square ice rink, this annual festival of illumination offers the chance to capture the magic of the city this holiday season.
“I invite residents and visitors to take part in this year’s festivities,” said Mayor Rob Ford. “Enjoy the lighting of Toronto’s official Christmas tree, a concert by great musical talent and spectacular fireworks at the Cavalcade of Lights celebration.”
The concert lineup features JUNO Award-winning artist Jarvis Church, JUNO Jazz Winner Kellylee Evans, MuchMusic Video Award-winning JRDN, rising star Justin Hines and singer Victoria Duffield. The concert culminates in a breathtaking fireworks display at 8 p.m., followed by a DJ skating party sponsored by Timothy’s World Coffee.
Nathan Phillips Square’s new Skate Pavilion will officially open with the beginning of the skate season. It’s the latest element of the Nathan Phillips Square Revitalization project to be completed. The building features a new skate rental and change room space to serve the public, new public washrooms, rink support facilities for the skating rink and a roof terrace where the public can take in the panoramic view of the square.
Tourism hotel packages offered at the Metropolitan Hotel Toronto allow visitors to experience the charm of Toronto during the holiday season.
Cavalcade of Lights Hotel Package (from $249):
• One night stay in an upgraded luxury room.
• Full breakfast buffet for two.
• Three course dinner in Hemispheres Restaurant for two from the “Chefs Weekly Special Menu”.
• Complimentary underground parking.
More information about Cavalcade of Lights is available at http://www.toronto.ca/cavalcade or call 311.
Toronto is Canada’s largest city and sixth largest government, and home to a diverse population of about 2.7 million people. Toronto’s government is dedicated to delivering customer service excellence, creating a transparent and accountable government, reducing the size and cost of government and building a transportation city. For information on non-emergency City services and programs, Toronto residents, businesses and visitors can dial 311, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.