This is an update to my previous blogs:
Transportation Study – Notice of Commencement in Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“The underground portion of the new Eglinton Crosstown Light Rail Transit (LRT) will run for 12 km between Black Creek Drive and Brentcliffe (which may be extended to Don Mills). As a result of this new underground transit service, some bus/carpool lanes may no longer be needed. As part of EGLINTONconnects, the City of Toronto is studying options for making the best use of this roadway space to serve all users, including pedestrians, cyclists and motorists.
This Transportation Study will follow a Municipal Class Environmental Assessment (Class EA) Schedule ‘C’ process, which includes identifying the problem/opportunity, developing and evaluating a reasonable range of alternative solutions, and providing opportunities for public input.”
This is the 3rd consultation series for EGLINTONconnects:
- With your help at previous consultations, Metrolinx has developed some initial ideas for the future
- Attend a workshop in February and get involved to help them determine which ideas they should move forward with, how to refine these ideas, or even tell them if you have a better idea
Some key points of discussion:
- How can we encourage significant mixed-use growth through well-designed, right-sized buildings that are predominantly mid rise in scale?
- How can we create a beautiful, vibrant public realm and streetscape that offers a high quality of life for neighbourhoods as well as the many people who will live, work and shop on Eglinton?
- How can on-street uses interact with the new Eglinton-Crosstown Light Rail Transit (LRT) stops and stations?
Metrolinx invites you to join them at any of three public workshops to tell them what you think about Eglinton’s future:
- Metrolinx will present preliminary designs for the stations, including some that were not part of previous consultations
- They will also show designs for LRT surface stops and alignments
- However, they will not be discussing the Kennedy Mobility Hub and parts of the line that are currently under review
Please drop by to any of the workshops any time between 5:30 and 9:00pm.
- Presentation and Workshop start at 6:30pm:
WEST WORKSHOPWhen: Tuesday, February 19, 2013Where: York Memorial Collegiate Institute2690 Eglinton Avenue West (Keele & Eglinton)EAST WORKSHOPWhen: Tuesday, February 26, 2013Where: Noor Cultural Centre123 Wynford Drive (Wynford & Eglinton)CENTRAL WORKSHOPWhen: Thursday, February 28, 2013Where: Forest Hill Collegiate Institute730 Eglinton Avenue West (Chaplin & Eglinton)
You may also want to know:
- Please Petition Walmart to Sign onto Fire Safety Inspection Program Supported by Bangladeshi to Prevent Tragedies
- McAfee Canada 2013 Love, Relationships and Technology Survey: Pitfalls of Couples Sharing Personal Data & Passwords
- “Mobile Security: McAfee Consumer Trends Report” Reveals Sophisticated and Complex Risky Apps in 2013
- Canada’s National Capital Greenbelt Master Plan Review: Public Consultation – Final Phase Feb.19-20, 2013
- Toronto’s Draft City-Wide Zoning Bylaw: Rescheduled Open House (Feb.27) & Statutory Public Meeting (Mar.6, 2013)
- TTC: Certain Transit Passes are Eligible for a Tax Credit + Partial Closure of Bloor-Danforth Subway Feb.9-10, 2013
- Quebec Calling for Social Economy Projects in Metropolitan Area of Montreal: Apply for 2013-2014 FIRM Funding
- You’re Invited: More Special Events in Toronto January 2013 (The Intoxication Exhibition’s last date is April 10, 2013)
- Give Your Input: Possibility of a Casino in Toronto + Ontario’s Proposed Regulations for Debt Settlement Companies
- E.Coli Outbreak in Ontario, New Brunswick & Nova Scotia: Probable Source is Lettuce Distributed by FreshPoint Inc.
- McAfee & Intel Offer New Digital Life Protection Service in Beta to Partners Now & Its Consumer Version in Mid-2013
- C.A.P.I.C’s Victory: Canadian Photographers Officially Own the Copyright to All of Their Work Effective Nov.7, 2012
- McAfee Threats Report: Third Quarter 2012 Reveals Cybercrime Techniques & Global Expansion of Cybercrime
- ‘McAfee All Access 2013′: An Enhanced Cross-Device Security Product for PCs, Macs, & Android-Based Phones & Tablets
- Toronto Tests Sidewalk Surfaces + Part of Bloor-Danforth Subway to Close Dec.1-2, 2012 & Other TTC News
- Ontario Proposes Regulations to Limit Access to Generic OxyContin: Your Comments Before Dec.24, 2012 at 5 P.M. EST
- Ontario Place: Transforming into a Year-Round, Multi-Use Waterfront Community & Urban Park for Canadians
- Gentec Announces Canadian Distribution of the ION Air Pro™Camera that Crossed Niagara Falls with Nik Wallenda