Eco Fair at the Barns
Fun for the Whole Family!
Music and Refreshments
Sunday, November 13
Wychwood Barns, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
(601 Christie Street; south of St. Clair Ave. W.)
The highlights of the exciting Eco Fair at the Barns include:
- Energy auditors and vendors of solar systems
- Information on government rebates
- Hands-on demonstration of draft-proofing
- Products to green your home
- Displays by environmental groups
- Energy and eco art activities for kids
Green Neighbours 21
Family Eco Fair offers fun, education, energy-saving answers
TORONTO (October 14, 2011)
With cold weather coming, Green Neighbours 21 is offering families a fun way to learn the latest on staying cozy while making the world a little greener.
The Family Eco Fair, which takes place on Sunday, November 13, 1:00-4:00 pm, at the Wychwood Barns (Christie, 2 blocks south of St. Clair), will bring together energy auditors and vendors of solar systems, exhibits by community environmental groups, energy and arts activities for children, music, refreshments and more. It will be a fun event for the whole family.
According to organizers, the Fair’s aim is to “inform and inspire people to make energysaving changes” while also “highlighting some of the wonderful green initiatives under way in our community”. Visitors will be able to:
- Learn about home energy audits – what they do and how to use them to get government rebates
- See displays of solar energy systems, and talk with experts about the options
- Meet with neighbours who can share their experiences in making energy upgrades in their homes
- Get a hands-on lesson in draft-proofing windows and doors
- Meet members of local community environmental groups – find out what they do and how to get involved
The Eco-Fair is a FREE event, and everyone is welcome!
The Family Eco Fair is co-sponsored by Green Neighbours 21, a community environmental organization based in Ward 21, and the Wychwood Barns Community Association.
Contact: Paul Antze, email@example.com
You might also like: