December 5, 2012
As you know, my studio is located in the arts building at 401 Richmond Street West in downtown Toronto. Tomorrow is the kickoff to the annual Frolic event. I know it’s called Frolic “2” but really it’s been going on for a while. This is just the 2nd year it’s been named. Thursday night is the big gala night with parties and receptions all over the building, and then the galleries, vendors, and many studios will be open Friday and Saturday as well. My doors will be open all 3 days. And by the way – I need space!!! So, in addition to having a look at what I’m working on now, you’ll get a chance to snap up a bargain on some older work.
Enjoy a good art and craft infusion and do some shopping while you’re at it!
See you soon!
Lynn also informs us:
- Artists Open Studio (December 6, 6:00 – 9:00 pm): Artists confirmed so far include:
- Kris Knight
- Janine Lindgren
- Winnie Truong
- Alice Burton
- Kalyna Pidwerbesky
- Lynn Christine Kelly
- Jiri Tomiska
- Anthony Trask
- Academy of SpanishDance
- Janna Watson
- Graham Curry
- + Brigitte Nowak
(Images: Kris Knight, Winnie Truong, Janna Watson)
- Artisans Marketplace: “Just by attending you’re eligible to enter our raffle for a chance to win one of two gift baskets filled with items from our vendors”
401 RICHMOND STREET WEST
DECEMBER 6 – 9, 2012
LAUNCH: DECEMBER 6, 6:00 – 9:00 PM
FROLIC 2 is 401 Richmond’s annual holiday open house celebrating the art, culture, and community that make our Toronto landmark so unique. There’s a little something for everyone – come Frolic with us!
A chance to see more of 401 then ever before: Artists Open Studio, Artisans Marketplace, Gallery Holiday Sales, Shops, and a Brickolage Tour. Visitors will be able to meet artists in a relaxed studio environment, pick up a one-of-a-kind gift item from a local artisan or independent shop, purchase an original piece of art in support of an artist-run centre, and frolic through a restored Toronto gem.
It all launches on Thursday December 6 from 6:00 – 9:00 pm!
Returns for its 20th anniversary year showcasing tenant and local artisans’ who are dedicated to craft-making at it’s finest. Meet the artisans in a festive atmosphere that makes shopping a pleasure and brings inspiration to your giving.
December 6 – 9
Thursday 11:00 am – 9:00 pm, Friday 11:00 am – 8:00 pm
Saturday 11:00 am – 6:00 pm, Sunday 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
Artists Open Studio
Invites visitors into the workspaces of resident artists at 401 Richmond. You’ll have a chance to meet the artists and see their work right where they create it.
December 6, 6:00 – 9:00 pm (some artists will also be open on the weekend)
Gallery Holiday Sales
Special holiday shows and sales in support of artist-run centres all opening December 6, 6:00 – 9:00 pm
The Red Head Gallery: Inside/Outside (November 28 – December 15)
Gallery 44: Wall-to-Wall (December 6 – 15)
Open Studio: Artist Proof Sale + Open House (December 6 – 22)
Swipe Design | Books + Objects + Musideum
Open for the same hours as the Artisans Marketplace. Swipe carries books on architecture, urbanism, and design alongside a thoughtful collection of well-designed objects. Musideum offers a collection of rare instruments and musical accessories from all over the world.
Brickolage Monthly Tour Series
Brickolage takes visitors on an inside-scoop, behind-the-scenes, up-close-and-personal tour through the artist-run centres at 401 Richmond. Led by the Executive Director of Trinity Square Video, Roy Mitchell.
December 8, 12:30 – 2:30 pm
You may also like:
- Please Petition Walmart to Sign onto Fire Safety Inspection Program Supported by Bangladeshi to Prevent Tragedies
- You’re Invited to Toronto’s City Carol Sing Dec.15 + Toy Drives (Mayor’s Nov.26-Dec.20 & TTC’s Nov.29-Dec.2) 2012
- You’re Invited: Vittorio de Sica Portraits, a Photographic Exhibition by Stephen Forsyth Dec.10, 2012-Jan.8, 2013
- Ion Air Pro™ Camera Sponsors Canadian Athletes: Ice Cross Downhill World Championship Season Opener Dec.1, 2012
- C.A.P.I.C’s Victory: Canadian Photographers Officially Own the Copyright to All of Their Work Effective Nov.7, 2012
- McAfee Threats Report: Third Quarter 2012 Reveals Cybercrime Techniques & Global Expansion of Cybercrime
- ‘McAfee All Access 2013′: An Enhanced Cross-Device Security Product for PCs, Macs, & Android-Based Phones & Tablets
- Toronto Tests Sidewalk Surfaces + Part of Bloor-Danforth Subway to Close Dec.1-2, 2012 & Other TTC News
- Your Invite: Arts & Culture Dialogue for Vancouver’s Grandview-Woodland Community Plan Dec.3, 2012 or Jan.23, 2013
- You’re Invited: Alliance Française de Toronto’s Photo Exhibitions & Lecture in October 2012 to Dec. 14
- You’re Invited: Alliance Française’s Photography Exhibition of Elkaim’s Keepers of Memory Oct.25-Dec.20, 2012
- Ontario Proposes Regulations to Limit Access to Generic OxyContin: Your Comments Before Dec.24, 2012 at 5 P.M. EST
- Roberto Rossini: Toronto’s New Deputy City Manager & Chief Financial Officer Will Start on Jan.7, 2013
- Metro Vancouver’s Social Purpose Real Estate: Do the Rent-Lease-Own? Survey for a Chance to Win an iPad
- “Exporting into New Markets: China and Hong Kong”: Free Event for Companies Located Within Toronto Nov.8, 8:15 AM
- Ontario Place: Transforming into a Year-Round, Multi-Use Waterfront Community & Urban Park for Canadians
- Gentec Announces Canadian Distribution of the ION Air Pro™Camera that Crossed Niagara Falls with Nik Wallenda
- McAfee Alert: One in Every Six Personal Computers – Zero Protection; Canada is 7th Least Protected Country