The following video presents Nuit Blanche Toronto: A 10-year retrospective:
“Celebrating 10 years of transformative art in Toronto…..Toronto buzzed with excitement as Nuit Blanche Toronto was first unleashed on an unsuspecting city.
Torontonians left behind the comfort of their beds en masse and ventured out onto the city’s streets for an all-night exploration and celebration of contemporary art.
Since the inaugural event, more than 9.5 million people explored 1,200 art projects by 4,500 artists.
Join us on October 3, 2015 for the 10th edition and experience this FREE all-night contemporary art event.
For more info, visit: scotiabanknuitblanche.ca.
Follow: @sbnuitblancheTO Tag: #snbTO”
You are invited to Nuit Blanche Toronto, a FREE event on Saturday, October 3, 2015 from 6:55 p.m. until sunrise on Sunday, October 4!
“On Saturday, October 3 from 6:55 p.m. until sunrise on Sunday, October 4, the streets of Toronto will be transformed by more than 110 art projects created by and featuring nearly 400 artists for the 10th edition of #snbTO. Visit www.snbto.ca for information & start planning your night!”
Enjoy! / Amusez vous bien!
Scotiabank Nuit Blanche 2015 – planning ahead and getting around on October 3 and 4
From sunset at 6:55 p.m. on Saturday, October 3 to sunrise on Sunday, October 4, Toronto’s all-night celebration of contemporary art once again returns to the city’s streets. To help people plan ahead for the event, information about getting to, around and home from the event is available at scotiabanknuitblanche.ca/plan-ahead.
Digital guide and navigating the night
A streamlined version of the navigation website will be available on mobile devices on October 3 at snbto.ca. Use GPS to find the closest projects and to get around for the event. Projects can be found and viewed by location, artist or project name. Additional information about the optimized web app can be found at scotiabanknuitblanche.ca/connect/nuit-mobile.html. Event updates will also be available on Twitter at @sbnuitblancheTO, #snbTO throughout the night.
A map and detailed event information are available via the website and on mobile devices, as noted above. During the event, a paper map is available at any of the Scotiabank Nuit Blanche Information Centres: Nathan Phillips Square, 100 Queen St. W., Union Station, 65 Front St. W., and the southeast corner of College Street and University Avenue.
People are advised to park their car and explore the event on foot and by public transit. Take advantage of all-night TTC service on part of the subway system and extended GO Transit service.
Special TTC services
In addition to the regular all-night Blue Night Network service, the TTC (Toronto Transit Commission) is extending all-night service to a portion of the subway. The Line 1, Yonge-University-Spadina subway will run all night from Downsview to Finch stations and the Line 2, Bloor-Danforth subway will run all night from Kipling to Kennedy stations. The 501 Queen Streetcar will be diverted onto King Street, between Spadina Avenue and Church Street. Free, all-night parking is available at TTC commuter parking lots. More information is available at ttc.ca.
Special Event TTC Day Pass
The TTC is offering a Scotiabank Nuit Blanche special event day pass, on sale now at TTC collector booths for $11.50. It allows a single customer or a family/group of customers (up to six people, maximum two adults and four children/youths 19 years of age or under) to pay one low price for unlimited travel on all regular TTC service. It is valid for travel from the start of service Saturday, October 3 until 9 a.m. on Sunday, October 4. Day passes cannot be used at automatic entrances.
Special GO Transit services
Regular GO Train service runs half hourly on Saturday, October 3 along the Lakeshore line between Aldershot and Oshawa. The rest of the GO network is served by GO Bus. To accommodate the late-night festivities, GO is running extra late-night trains to and from Union Station. Two extra homebound trains will run along the Lakeshore GO lines in the early hours of October 4. The Milton, Kitchener, Barrie and Stouffville GO lines will each have a special train travelling into Toronto on October 3, returning homebound in the early hours of October 4. Late night GO buses will run on most routes from
the Union Station Bus Terminal. For those staying all night, regular scheduled Lakeshore train trips out of Union Station resume Sunday morning at 6:43 a.m. westbound to Aldershot and at 7:13 a.m. eastbound to Oshawa. Visit gotransit.com for schedules.
With a GO Group Pass, up to three youths ride free for the price of two paying adults. The GO Group Pass allows up to five people (maximum two adults and three youths under the age of 18) unlimited travel in one day between two fare zones. For Scotiabank Nuit Blanche, the GO group and day passes purchased on Saturday, October 3 are valid for the extra homebound train trips on Sunday, October 4.
Toronto Parking Authority
Details about Green P parking close to Nuit Blanche activities are available at parking.greenp.com.
Partial and full road closures will be in effect due to expected event attendance and to improve free-flowing access to the art projects, giving pedestrians safe and easy access. As a result, portions of the following streets will be closed to vehicles from Saturday, October 3 to Sunday, October 4:
– Queens Quay between York Street and Parliament Street (4 p.m. to 9 a.m.)
– Queen Street West between Yonge Street and University Avenue (6 p.m. to 8 a.m.)
– Bay Street between Dundas Street West and Queens Quay (6 p.m. to 8 a.m.)
– Queen’s Park between Bloor Street and Queen’s Park Crescent (5 p.m. to 8 a.m.) and
– Queen’s Park Crescent between Queen’s Park and College Street (5 p.m. to 8 a.m.).
Full details about the road closures are available at scotiabanknuitblanche.ca/plan-ahead/getting-around.html.
About Scotiabank Nuit Blanche
Scotiabank Nuit Blanche is Toronto’s annual all-night celebration of contemporary art, produced by the City of Toronto in collaboration with Toronto’s arts community. Since 2006, the event has featured more than 1,200 official art installations by 4,500 artists and has generated over $227 million in economic impact for Toronto. The event has received many accolades including most recently the Economic Developers Council of Ontario (EDCO) Awards of Excellence for Public-Private Partnerships, Sponsorship Marketing (SMA) Award of Distinction for Festivals, Best Free Cultural Happenings in Now
Magazine’s annual “Best Of” poll for a seventh year in a row and number seven All-Time Favourite Festivals, Fairs and Events in Field Day’s fourth annual Toronto entertainment survey. Look for information and updates at scotiabanknuitblanche.ca, on Facebook at facebook.com/sbnuitblancheTO, Twitter at @sbnuitblancheTO, #snbTO and Instagram at @sbnuitblancheTO, #snbTO.
Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. It is a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture and is consistently ranked one of the world’s most livable cities. For information on non-emergency City services and programs, Toronto residents, businesses and visitors can visit toronto.ca, call 311, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or follow us @TorontoComms.
Economic Development and Culture
You may also want to know:
- Know The Glow: 4 Tips To Spot The Golden Reflective Glow In A Child’s Photo And Save His or Her Eyes
- Aimia | AGO Photography Prize Exhibition Opens Sept.9 in Toronto, Canada; Voting Begins in Person Sept.9 and Online Sept.15 and Closes at 11:59 p.m. on Nov. 29, 2015 (FREE admissions)
- You’re Invited: Leica Lounge with Aerial Photographer Paul Morris: Event at No Cost at Leica Store Miami, USA October 1, 2015 (FREE admission)
- Nikon & Rochester Institute of Technology Invite You to a Nighttime Photographic Event in Louisville, Kentucky, USA at No Cost: Light Painting at Churchill Downs on October 3, 2015 (FREE Admission)
- Canon Sponsors Rugby World Cup 2015: PowerShot G3 X Camera & Photography Techniques to Get Action Shots + ‘Photography Experience at Rugby World Cup 2015′ Contest for UK, Ireland & Channel Islands: Upload Your Best Rugby Related Images During the Eight Submission Periods between Now and Midnight GMT on 4 Oct.2015
- PIX 2015: Photo Interactive Experience Includes PIX Photowalks in Seattle, USA, October 6 -7: Register Now for Your PIX Exhibition Hall Pass at No Cost
- Samsung Event: #DitchTheDSLR to Receive One New Samsung NX500 SMART Camera in Seattle for USA and District of Columbia, October 7 Starting 11 A.M., by Registering at No Cost for PIX Photo Expo and Conference & Trading in Your Fully Operational DSLR Camera with Battery, Power Supply & Lens (FREE admission + Trading event)
- Sony + AbelCine: HDR Workflow With Sony F5 & F55 Professional Cameras – Event at No Cost in New York, NY, USA on October 7, 2015 (FREE admission)
- You’re Invited: Enterprise Toronto – Small Business Forum 2015 at No Cost: Focus is on Supporting Business Growth Through Technology, October 15 (FREE admission)
- You’re Invited: The Nikon Museum at No Cost Will Open from October 17, 2015 to Showcase and Celebrate the 100th Anniversary of Nikon’s Foundation in 2017 (FREE admission in Tokyo, Japan)
- You’re Invited: ‘In Focus: Animalia’ Exhibition @ The Getty Center, Los Angeles: @ No Cost, May 26 – Oct.18, 2015 (FREE admission)
- Nikon Fan Focus Sweepstakes for USA and District of Columbia: Submit One Entry Per Person Per Email Address Per Day Before 11:59 P.M. ET on October 21, 2015
- Leica + C/O Berlin Foundation: “Eyes wide open! 100 years of Leica photography” Exhibition Aug. 22 – Nov.1; Upcoming Events Start on Aug.29, 2015 in Berlin, Germany
- Samsung Canada Calling Students in Grades 6 to 12 in Canadian Schools to Enter the Solve for Tomorrow Education Challenge Before Nov.30, 2015: Two Grand Prize Winning Schools Will Win $500,000 in Classroom Technology & More
- Environmental Defence Canada: Please Urge Premier Wynne to Tell the National Energy Board That Ontario Rejects the Energy East Pipeline
- Please Urge Ontario to Raise ODSP Rates: Join ‘Stroll & Roll to Freedom’ March on July 7, 2015 UPDATE: Due to unfavourable weather forecast, this event was postponed. The new date of the march will be determined)
- Samsung Won Several Prestigious Honors at the Cannes Lions 2015: “Look at Me” Interactive Camera App Helps Children with Autism; Smartphone App “Backup Memory” Helps Alzheimer’s Patients Via Photos & Videos
- Olympus Europe Invites You: Olympus Photography Playground at No Cost in Munich 25 Aug. – 20 Sept. and Vienna 25 Sept. – 4 Oct. 2015: Borrow the OM-D Camera at No Cost (FREE admission + FREE loan of camera)
- Panasonic UK: #4KLumix Photo Walks Using 4K Lumix Cameras @ National Trust Properties: Experience the Lumix 4K PHOTO, May – September 2015 (in the UK)
- Ricoh Theta + App Contest for Ricoh Theta Users: Post Your 360° Images With #theta360 and #theta360contest Via the New THETA+ App Before Sept.30, 2015
- Intel Security Reveals the Most Dangerous Global & Canadian Cyber Celebrities of 2015 Exposing Internet Searchers to Viruses and Malware: McAfee WebAdvisor is Available at No Cost (FREE software)
- Intel Security’s Phishing Quiz Reveals 97 Per Cent of People Worldwide Cannot Identify Destructive Phishing Emails: “Make it a Rule to Never Click on Links or Attachments in Emails / Texts”
- Intel Security: New Consumer Security Services Include True Key App by Intel Security to Keep Connected Consumers Safe from Online Threats: Available Now (FREE True Key App)
- Intel Security: “The Realities of Cyber Parenting: What Pre-teens and Teens Are Up To Online” Study Reveals Concerns About Online Safety & Privacy
- Panasonic Vietnam Celebrated Five Years Anniversary of Panasonic Risupia Vietnam + Panasonic Vietnam and National Fund for Children Signed a New Donation Agreement for 2015
- Canon Makes a Donation to the Central Community Chest of Japan to Aid in the Relief Efforts for the Flood Victims of Typhoon Etau in Early September 2015
- Canon: Donation of Money to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children in the U.S.A. + More Than 2,200 Pieces of Equipment, Including Digital Cameras to Law Enforcement Agencies in 50 States, Puerto Rico and Guam
- Samsung “Care for Nepal” Project Provided Relief Materials & Communication Services to the Victims of the Earthquake
- Samsung eMotion Project Helped Provide Emotional Support for Hospitalized Children Via Samsung Gear VR: Virtual Adventure Content was Shot Using 360-degree Cameras
- Fujifilm’s Technology in Photo Development Will Be Used to Develop a Rapid Diagnostic System for Ebola Virus Disease
- Ricoh’s “Save the Memory Project”: Returning 90,000 Lost Photos from the Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami
- MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printer & Tissue Engineering: Video Shows Custom Reconstruction of Living Windpipe
- Make Poverty History: Canadians, Please Add Your Voices to the Call for a Federal Anti-Poverty Plan Now
- Toronto Council Highlights Jul 7-9, 2015: Topics Include Social Housing, Car-pooling app – UberPool, Poverty & Woodbine Racetrack’s Expanded Gaming
- Caledon Institute of Social Policy Releases a New Report on Welfare Incomes: “Welfare in Canada 2013″
- Please Help Create the World’s Largest Marine Sanctuary in the Pacific: Petition Before Aug.11, 2014
- New “Pronghorn Management Guides” Presents 33 Photos of Pronghorn Conservation in USA, Mexico and Canada
- BioAmber Opens World’s Largest Bio-succinic Acid Manufacturing Facility in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada: Renewable & Greener Alternatives to Petrochemicals That are Derived from Oil, Which Can Be Used in Everyday Products Including Plastics, Food Additives & Personal Care Products
- Ontario Proposes ‘Protecting Condominium Owners Act’ for Canadians: No Surprise Costs for a Newly-built Condo; New Condo Authority; Financial Management Rules; Mandatory Licensing for Managers
- 2015 Intel Security Survey: 30% Sent Personal Photos to Others Via Mobile Devices & 50% Don’t Delete Personal Photos or Videos Sent to Others
- Urgent Petition to Stop the Destruction of an Indonesian Rainforest & Save Orangutans, Tigers, Elephants & Rhinos
- Please Urge European Patent Convention’s States to Close Loopholes That Let Companies Patent Vegetables & Fruits
- Please Petition Walmart to Sign onto Fire Safety Inspection Program Supported by Bangladeshi to Prevent Tragedies
- Please Stop Line 9 – Oil Spills in Toronto: Community Forums – Apr.7-8 & Telephone Town Hall Meeting – Apr.9, 2013
- Ontario’s New Protection Plans for Sources of Water for Canadians: CTC Source & Halton-Hamilton Source: Effective Dec. 31, 2015
- McAfee: Superstar Soccer Players’ Screensavers and “Skills” Video Downloads are Risky to Search for Online (McAfee’s FREE SiteAdvisor)
- Canada National Award for 2015 Sony World Photography Awards: Winner is George Ching-Yuen Lo from Vancouver
- Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition for Galaxy S6 Smartphone: World-first Fully Immersive Virtual Reality Storytelling “David Attenborough’s First Life” Experience at Natural History Museum, London from 19 June 2015: No Cost for Only Museum Entrance (UK)
- Olympus “Test & Wow” Program for the UK: Try Certain Olympus Cameras and Lenses for a Full 24-hour Day at No Cost (Try for FREE)
- You’re Invited: Take Home and “Test Drive” a Leica M Camera System & Two Lenses Overnight @ No Cost: Leica Store Bellevue in Washington, USA (FREE Test Drive program)
- Nova Scotian Photographers Age 50 or Older: Exhibit Your Work in the Seniors’ Art and Photo Gallery in Halifax
- You’re Invited: Camera Obscura at The Photographers’ Gallery (FREE admission in London, UK)
- Panasonic + UNESCO: Beautiful 2015 World Heritage Calendar App for PCs & Tablets in Five Languages (FREE App)
- Nikon: Updated “NIKKOR & ACC” App: Now Available to Download for iPad (Version 1.1.0) / Android Tablet (Version 1.0.1) at No Cost (FREE App)
- NASA’s New Horizons Spacecraft is Snapping Pluto Photos Via the LORRI Telescopic Camera and Ralph’s Color Camera: Closest Approach to Pluto Occurs on July 14, 2015
- Stratasys’ New Recycling Program of 3D Printing Material Canisters & Cartridges for North American Customers Starts Today: Waste Disposal at No Charge (FREE disposal & recycling program)
- Samsung’s Software Development Kit (SDK) is Released: Third-party Developers are Invited to Help Build Next Samsung Wearable Prior to the Product Launch
- Panasonic Will Share Intellectual Property to Speed Development of Internet of Things (IoT) Software & Services (Panasonic formally pledges to provide royalty-FREE access to software, patents and experience from its product ecosystem)
- Google Earth Pro is Now Available at No Cost: Interactive Imagery of Google Earth With Professional Tools for Business or Personal Use (FREE)
- Google Maps: New Street View App for Android and iOS: For the First Time You Can Tour Immersive 360-degree Imagery & Instantly Contribute Your Own to Google Maps
- Panasonic: New “NEYMAR JR. CRAZY SKILLS” Interactive Webpage at No Cost: True-to-life 3D Images of Neymar Jr.’s Superb Skills Can Be Viewed and Shared on Smartphones or Computers (FREE)
- Leica: M Magazine App is Available at No Cost & M Magazine No. 2 is Also Available: Dedicated to M Photography Via the Leica M Camera, Presenting Pictures Taken by Renowned Photographers (FREE M Magazine App)
- UrtheCast’s High-Resolution Camera on the ISS Captured & Released the World’s First Full-Color HD Videos of London, Boston and Barcelona from Space (UrtheCast Corp., the Earth Observation (EO) company, aims to open the world to anyone with an internet connection: FREE)
- Photography Copyright Kit (FREE)
- Samsung Canada + National Hockey League: Samsung Smartphones Offer Enhanced Personalization within Official NHL App, Exclusive Access to Branded ‘Inside the NHL Situation Room’ Videos & More
- Fujifilm: New ‘Pro Rental Service’ for Enthusiast & Professional Photographers and ‘Professional Repair Rental Program’ in USA: Effective March 16, 2015
- Nikon Canada Invites Canadian Residents to Nikon Image Space: An Online Service for Sharing Photos or Recording Memories (FREE online service for all Canadian residents to share & record images: FREE two GB of storage for everyone and Nikon camera owners get an extra FREE 18 GB of storage.)
- Fujifilm Camera Remote App (Updated: Sep. 24, 2015 Version: 1.2.0): Now Compatible With iOS9 for iPhone/iPad/iPod touch Users (FREE app)
- New NIKON IMAGE SPACE App Renewal at No Charge: Benefits Include Seeing Images Larger & Browsing Images Stored on Your Smart Device (FREE online photo sharing service + FREE renewal of smart device app for “NIKON IMAGE SPACE”)
- Canon’s Cloud-based Image Management Service, irista: No Cost for Up to 15GB + New Updates are Now Live (FREE 15GB of cloud storage space with full irista functionality)
- Canon Europe Acquires Lifecake – Baby Photo Timeline: A Photo-sharing App for Families to Create Photo & Video Timelines (Lifecake is available FREE for iPhone, iPad and Android)
- Canon Releases English-version PERSTEXT App for iOS for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch @ No Cost: Photo Editing to Insert Text with a Sense of Perspective to Saved Photos
- You’re Invited to the New Leica Fotopark: A Photo Platform for Passionate Photographers to Discover, Exchange, Organise, Create [Registration on www.leica-fotopark is FREE, as is the use of the platform for data volumes of up to ten gigabytes (GB)]
- You’re Invited: Download Leica Fotografie International App for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Android
- Nikon’s New Download Center for Nikon Digital Cameras & Related Products: Offers Software & Manuals in 43 Languages
- Nikon: New NIKKOR Motion Gallery Series Features Short Films as New Possibilities of Video Imaging Through NIKKOR Lenses & Nikon Cameras
- Olympus: New Underwater Photo Gallery Showcases “The Beauty Below”: Fascinating Photographs of Underwater Wonders in Vivid Colours with Exquisite Details
- Sony Alpha Cameras: New “α Universe” Community Website to Engage, Empower and Inspire Photo & Video Enthusiasts
- Sony’s Global Imaging Ambassadors’ #FutureofCities: You’re Invited to Share Photos from Your Changing Cities
- Sony Imaging PRO Support at No Charge for Certain Professional Photographers Using α Camera Equipment in Germany: Effective Apr.1, 2015: Submit Applications Now
- Canada National Award for 2015 Sony World Photography Awards: Winner is George Ching-Yuen Lo from Vancouver
- 2015 Sigma Superfan Contest: Monthly Prizes for Certain Sigma Product Owners in the USA and D.C.: Share Your Photos and #SigmaSuperfan Story Before 5pm ET on Nov.16, 2015
- Olympus Global Open Photo Contest 2015 for Anyone Using Any Photographic Device: Upload Your Photos Online Before 11AM November 20 (JST)
- 2016 Sony World Photography Awards: Entries to Be Submitted by 11:59:59pm (GMT) on 4 Dec. 2015 for Student Focus, by 11:59:59pm (GMT) on 5 Jan.2016 for Open, Youth & National, by 11:59:59pm (GMT) on 12 Jan 2016 for Professional
- Beautiful Fall Colours of Ontario’s Provincial Parks, Canada: Get “Ontario Parks Fall Colour” Report
- National Gallery of Canada and Imperial War Museums Ask You to Share Online Family Photos of World War 1
- Scarborough Subway Project Assessment-Line 2 Extension: Public Consultations Jan.31 & Feb.2, 2015 + Online Feedback
- Panasonic’s Medical Delivery Robot “HOSPI” in the “Center for Advanced Medical Robotics” in Thailand
- Celebrate: Fort York Visitor Centre (five new exhibitions inside the new Visitor Centre in 2014 – 2015)
- Put Food in the Budget: Please Urge Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne to Raise Social Assistance Rates Now!
- Please Urge Ontario Political Leaders to Keep Their Promise to End Poverty in Ontario by Taking Decisive Action
- Please Urge Premier Wynne to Increase Ontario Works’ Base Rate by $100 a Month & Not Cut the Special Diet Allowance
- C.A.P.I.C’s Victory: Canadian Photographers Officially Own the Copyright to All of Their Work Effective Nov.7, 2012
- Ontario Place: Transforming into a Year-Round, Multi-Use Waterfront Community & Urban Park for Canadians