Camp Tournesol is for students who are committed to developing strong French verbal skills and have an interest in the outdoors to experience Algonquin Park from July 1st to July 8th, 2012.
Accompanied by Francophone adults and seasonal Algonquin guides, the students will enjoy the following activities in a completely French environment for 8 days:
- canoe on several of the beautiful lakes within the park,
- portage between lakes,
- set up camp,
- cook dinner,
- swim in pristine lakes,
- visit local historical sites,
- hikes to waterfalls,
- observe local wildlife,
- earn volunteer hours towards your high school diploma by providing volunteer hours for the Algonquin Park staff (exact tasks to be determined)
- and experience the development of leadership skills, cooperative games, social skills and of course making new friend from different areas of the province.
Students who meet the following criteria may apply to participate in “Algonquin 2012″:
- Campers must be graduating from grade 6 to grade 9 in June 2012. Younger siblings will be considered and evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Applicants must be French immersion students or
- Applicants must be francophone students or
- Other students with a strong level of verbal fluency in French
- Students must be able to swim and be comfortable with sleeping in tents and living in the outdoors
This trip takes place from Sunday July 1st to Sunday July 8th for 7 nights / 8 days of great outdoors
For the first time this year, students in grade 8 and 9 can accumulate volunteer hours eligible for the high school diploma requirements for most school board. Verify with your school to ensure that it qualifies.
To secure a spot, REGISTER before December 16th to take advantage of the early bird discount.
Only 21 spots available on this trip.
Please click on the following links for:
Phone: 905-891-1889 or Toll free: 1-888-892-1889
General e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration e-mail at: email@example.com
Mail: 169 Oakes Dr. Mississauga, Ontario L5G 3M2
Please click here for info on Camp Tournesol summer campuses.