This is an update to my previous blogs:
The good news is that, effective immediately, a Smog Advisory has been lifted or terminated by the Ministry of the Environment for the following forecast regions:
- Bancroft-Bon Echo
- Brockville-Leeds and Grenville
- Burk’s Falls-Bayfield Inlet
- City of Hamilton
- City of Ottawa
- City of Toronto
- Kingston-Prince Edward
- Parry Sound-Muskoka-Huntsville
- Peterborough-Kawartha Lakes
- Prescott and Russell
- Renfrew-Pembroke-Barry’s Bay
- Smiths Falls-Lanark-Sharbot Lake
- Stirling-Tweed-South Frontenac
Please click here to read the improved Current Air Quality Index (AQI) Readings for Ontario, May 21, 2012, at 5:00 pm.
- A Smog Advisory is issued in your region when the AQI is expected to reach 50 in the next 24 hours.
- It can be lifted once the AQI is expected to reach or drops below 50.
Increasing wind speeds are allowing for good mixing and dispersion of pollutants, resulting in cleaner air in the air quality forecast regions listed above.
You may also like:
- TTC 2012: More Popular Routes’ Services-Starts May 6; No Subway Service Between Warden & Kennedy-May 12-13; LRT Update
- Put Food In The Budget Campaign Tour Starts Apr.19/12: Voice Your Concerns About Premier McGuinty’s Budget