York Region Food Network urges you to “give the Gift of Dignity” to Canadians this holiday season as follows:
“Want to give the Gift of Dignity this Holiday Season?”
“Sign our Petition to Put Food in the Budget of our neighbours on social assistance.
An immediate increase of $100/month to enable people to purchase healthy food is a gift that:
- combats hunger and injustice
- reduces reliance on our already over-burdened food banks and volunteers
- is a start at eliminating some of the wasted time and energy that goes into maintaining our systemic, second rate food system for the poor
- is a first step towards raising rates to adequate levels that reflect the real cost of living in Ontario
- restores the right of individuals to purchase their own healthy food
- is simply the right thing to do
Thanks to all of you who sign this petition and help to restore some balance in a world where Charity cannot redress poverty and inequity.“
You may also want to know:
- Vote For Your Favourite Video: Working Canadians Getting Less While Corporations Getting More Than They Deserve!