The following video presents Together We Can Change Climate Change:
“Ontario is a world leader in fighting climate change.
Alongside our global partners, we’re making a difference. Ontario is building transit friendly cities to cut down on vehicle emissions and helping businesses reduce their carbon footprint. And perhaps most importantly, we’ve ended coal-fired electricity generation in the province.
Together we can change climate change.
Learn more about what Ontario’s doing to fight climate change at ontario.ca/climatechange
A descriptive transcript for this video is available by visiting the following link:”
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Rejoice!
Top 10 Tips for a Greener Holiday
Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change
Help keep this holiday season merry and bright by making environmentally friendly choices to help fight climate change and keep Ontario’s air, land, and water clean.
- Choose energy-efficient holiday lights and put them on timers to save on electricity bills.
- Reduce waste by sending holiday greeting cards electronically, or pick cards printed on recycled paper.
- Choose a real, Ontario-grown Christmas tree from a local tree farm or retailer.
- Make your holiday travel as green and safe as possible. Carpool or take public transit to holiday parties. If you have to fly over the holidays, consider purchasing carbon offsets.
- Make your festive dinners environmentally friendly while supporting local businesses. Choose from Ontario’s wide range of local foods available in December.
- Shop local or buy gifts made from Ontario wood or recycled non-toxic plastic.
- Keep batteries out of landfills by giving gifts that don’t need batteries. If you need batteries, make them rechargeable.
- Get creative with your wrapping. Reuse paper from household items like calendars, newspapers and fabric or decorate brown craft paper that can go in the Blue Box. Reuse your wrapping paper for other holiday decorating.
- Buy gifts with less packaging, and recycle when you can.
- Bring your own reusable shopping bags to stores.
- A carbon offset is a credit for greenhouse gas reductions and can be bought through a number of international brokers or online retailers.
- Buying local boosts our economy, promotes sustainability and helps the environment.
- It takes up to 20 years to offset the environmental impact of a plastic Christmas tree instead of real ones.
- LED lights use 80 per cent less energy than incandescent bulbs and last more than 25 times longer.
- Bonus tip – give the gift of time with loved ones with an unforgettable Ontario experience.
- Learn more about the benefits of using Ontario Wood
- Check out these in season recipes from Foodland Ontario
- Find out more about saving energy all year round
- Find out more about Ontario’s Climate Change Strategy
“This holiday season is the perfect time to start some new traditions and customs that are fun, sustainable and support Ontario businesses. Whether with your family or on your own, supporting local economies and being environmentally friendly is a great way to celebrate the holidays. This can include giving gifts from local merchants or farmers, purchasing carbon offsets for long distance travel or even spending time with loved ones at any one of Ontario’s many festivities this season.”
Glen R. Murray
Minister of the Environment and Climate Change
The following video presents Wynne announces Ontario climate change vision, but few details:
“Ontario’s premier says not acting to fight climate change would carry steep costs for the province. Kathleen Wynne says details of a five-year plan, including a cap-and-trade scheme, will be released in 2016. (Nov. 25, 2015)
THE CANADIAN PRESS
The Canadian Press is Canada’s most trusted news leader in providing real-time, bilingual multimedia content for online, mobile and emerging platforms.”
You may also want to know:
- Know The Glow: 4 Tips To Spot The Golden Reflective Glow In A Child’s Photo And Save His or Her Eyes
- The Prime Minister of Canada Will Attend the 2015 Climate Conference in Paris, France, November 30 – December 11: “I Look Forward to Partnering with Provinces and Territories – and All Parties – to Achieve an Ambitious International Climate Agreement at COP 21 for Our and All Future Generations
- Canada’s Environment and Climate Change Minister Will Attend the 2015 Paris Climate Conference COP21, November 30 – December 11: To “work with our international partners on the adoption of an effective climate change agreement and in the transformation towards a low-carbon, climate resilient global economy”
- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s Open Letter to Canadians: “For the first time in our country’s history – there will be an equal number of women and men around the Cabinet table”
- You’re Invited: Band Pro One World Open House 2015 at No Cost on December 10 in California, USA: RSVP Now (FREE admission with RSVP)
- Intel Security #SafeHoliday Drawings (aka Intel #SecureSeason Contest) for the USA & the District of Columbia: Tweet Daily Tips with #SafeHoliday and #Promo before 11:59 PM PST December 24, 2015
- Nikon Canada’s Inaugural Nikon Professional Services Member Exhibition Tour 2015 Showcases Amazing Photographs from Talented Canadian Photographers and Members
- Fujifilm X Series 5th Year Anniversary Celebration: “FUJIFILM X World Photo Gallery” Exhibition in Tokyo Midtown, Japan, in January 2016 + Contest for X Series Users: Submit Your Favorite Photo Taken on an X Series Camera before 11:59 p.m. JST November 30, 2015
- You’re Invited: The Nikon Museum at No Cost Will Open from October 17, 2015 to Showcase and Celebrate the 100th Anniversary of Nikon’s Foundation in 2017 (FREE admission in Tokyo, Japan)
- Olympus Perspective Playground Paris 2015, 28 October– 25 November & Perspective Playground Photo Contest For Natural Residents of Metropolitan France, 28 October to 31 December 2015
- 2016 Sony World Photography Awards: Entries to Be Submitted by 11:59:59pm (GMT) on 4 Dec. 2015 for Student Focus, by 11:59:59pm (GMT) on 5 Jan.2016 for Open, Youth & National, by 11:59:59pm (GMT) on 12 Jan 2016 for Professional
- 2016 World Press Photo Contest for Professional Photographers & Photojournalists: Submit Your Work Online on 2 December 2015 or Before 13 January 2016, 23.59 CET
- Environmental Defence Canada: Please Urge Premier Wynne to Tell the National Energy Board That Ontario Rejects the Energy East Pipeline
- Please Urge Ontario to Raise ODSP Rates: Join ‘Stroll & Roll to Freedom’ March on July 7, 2015 UPDATE: Due to unfavourable weather forecast, this event was postponed. The new date of the march will be determined)
- Samsung Won Several Prestigious Honors at the Cannes Lions 2015: “Look at Me” Interactive Camera App Helps Children with Autism; Smartphone App “Backup Memory” Helps Alzheimer’s Patients Via Photos & Videos
- A Stratasys 3D Printed Model of Five-year-old Mia Gonzalez’s Heart Was Used to Help the Surgical Team to Optimally Visualize a Specific Heart Structure in Order to Perform Mia’s Successful Surgery at Miami’s Nicklaus Children’s Hospital, USA
- Realistic Stratasys 3D Printed Model Guides Surgeons to Successful Treatment of a Patient’s Near-Fatal Brain Aneurysm at Kaleida Health’s Gates Vascular Institute in Buffalo, New York, USA
- Stratasys’ Multi-Color, Multi-Material 3D Printed Models of Patients’ Kidneys Aid Cancer Surgeons in Successfully Treating Patients & Improving Patient Understanding at the University Hospital (CHU) de Bordeaux in France
- Sony Ranked First Among Japanese Companies in Performance & Information Disclosure in Combating Climate Change in the CDP Japan 500 Climate Change Report 2015
- Sony Pledges to #ActOnClimate and Aims for a Zero Environmental Footprint Throughout the Lifecycle of Their Products & Business Activities by 2050
- Ricoh is the Official Partner of the United Nation’s COP21 Climate Conference in Paris-Le Bourget from 30 November to 11 December, 2015
- Ricoh Joins ‘American Business Act on Climate Pledge’ to Reduce the Company’s Total Lifecycle of CO2 Emissions by 30% by 2020 and by 87.5% by 2050 from the 2000 Level
- Canon Develops Multi-Person Tracking Technology for Video Content Analysis Plug-In for Network Cameras: “Big Brother is Watching You” To Inform Marketing & Service About the Pedestrian Numbers, Genders & Ages, Congestion & Crowd Detection: To Be Available in 2016
- Intel Security’s Tips on How Canadian Shoppers Can Guard Against Some Security Threats for 2015 Holiday Shopping Online
- Intel Security: Most Hackable Gifts of the Holidays 2015 + Tips to Help Ensure Holiday Gifts Remain Secure
- Intel Security Reveals the Most Dangerous Global & Canadian Cyber Celebrities of 2015 Exposing Internet Searchers to Viruses and Malware: McAfee WebAdvisor is Available at No Cost (FREE software)
- Intel Security’s Phishing Quiz Reveals 97 Per Cent of People Worldwide Cannot Identify Destructive Phishing Emails: “Make it a Rule to Never Click on Links or Attachments in Emails / Texts”
- Intel Security: New Consumer Security Services Include True Key App by Intel Security to Keep Connected Consumers Safe from Online Threats: Available Now (FREE True Key App)
- Intel Security: “The Realities of Cyber Parenting: What Pre-teens and Teens Are Up To Online” Study Reveals Concerns About Online Safety & Privacy
- Panasonic Vietnam Celebrated Five Years Anniversary of Panasonic Risupia Vietnam + Panasonic Vietnam and National Fund for Children Signed a New Donation Agreement for 2015
- Canon Makes a Donation to the Central Community Chest of Japan to Aid in the Relief Efforts for the Flood Victims of Typhoon Etau in Early September 2015
- Canon: Donation of Money to the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children in the U.S.A. + More Than 2,200 Pieces of Equipment, Including Digital Cameras to Law Enforcement Agencies in 50 States, Puerto Rico and Guam
- Samsung “Care for Nepal” Project Provided Relief Materials & Communication Services to the Victims of the Earthquake
- Samsung eMotion Project Helped Provide Emotional Support for Hospitalized Children Via Samsung Gear VR: Virtual Adventure Content was Shot Using 360-degree Cameras
- Ricoh’s “Save the Memory Project”: Returning 90,000 Lost Photos from the Great East Japan Earthquake and Tsunami
- MakerBot Replicator 2X Experimental 3D Printer & Tissue Engineering: Video Shows Custom Reconstruction of Living Windpipe
- Make Poverty History: Canadians, Please Add Your Voices to the Call for a Federal Anti-Poverty Plan Now
- Toronto Council Highlights Jul 7-9, 2015: Topics Include Social Housing, Car-pooling app – UberPool, Poverty & Woodbine Racetrack’s Expanded Gaming
- Caledon Institute of Social Policy Releases a New Report on Welfare Incomes: “Welfare in Canada 2013″
- Please Help Create the World’s Largest Marine Sanctuary in the Pacific: Petition Before Aug.11, 2014
- New “Pronghorn Management Guides” Presents 33 Photos of Pronghorn Conservation in USA, Mexico and Canada
- BioAmber Opens World’s Largest Bio-succinic Acid Manufacturing Facility in Sarnia, Ontario, Canada: Renewable & Greener Alternatives to Petrochemicals That are Derived from Oil, Which Can Be Used in Everyday Products Including Plastics, Food Additives & Personal Care Products
- Getting Good Exposure Online is a Challenge for Canadian Small Businesses: GoDaddy’s National Canadian Small Business Survey 2015
- Ontario Proposes ‘Protecting Condominium Owners Act’ for Canadians: No Surprise Costs for a Newly-built Condo; New Condo Authority; Financial Management Rules; Mandatory Licensing for Managers
- 2015 Intel Security Survey: 30% Sent Personal Photos to Others Via Mobile Devices & 50% Don’t Delete Personal Photos or Videos Sent to Others
- Urgent Petition to Stop the Destruction of an Indonesian Rainforest & Save Orangutans, Tigers, Elephants & Rhinos
- Please Urge European Patent Convention’s States to Close Loopholes That Let Companies Patent Vegetables & Fruits
- Please Petition Walmart to Sign onto Fire Safety Inspection Program Supported by Bangladeshi to Prevent Tragedies
- Please Stop Line 9 – Oil Spills in Toronto: Community Forums – Apr.7-8 & Telephone Town Hall Meeting – Apr.9, 2013
- Ontario’s New Protection Plans for Sources of Water for Canadians: CTC Source & Halton-Hamilton Source: Effective Dec. 31, 2015
- McAfee: Superstar Soccer Players’ Screensavers and “Skills” Video Downloads are Risky to Search for Online (McAfee’s FREE SiteAdvisor)
- Nasal Spray Flu Vaccine for Children Aged Two to 17 at No Cost in Ontario, Canada, Starting Oct.26, 2015
- Canada National Award for 2015 Sony World Photography Awards: Winner is George Ching-Yuen Lo from Vancouver
- Samsung Gear VR Innovator Edition for Galaxy S6 Smartphone: World-first Fully Immersive Virtual Reality Storytelling “David Attenborough’s First Life” Experience at Natural History Museum, London from 19 June 2015: No Cost for Only Museum Entrance (UK)
- Olympus “Test & Wow” Program for the UK: Try Certain Olympus Cameras and Lenses for a Full 24-hour Day at No Cost (Try for FREE)
- You’re Invited: Take Home and “Test Drive” a Leica M Camera System & Two Lenses Overnight @ No Cost: Leica Store Bellevue in Washington, USA (FREE Test Drive program)
- Nova Scotian Photographers Age 50 or Older: Exhibit Your Work in the Seniors’ Art and Photo Gallery in Halifax
- You’re Invited: Camera Obscura at The Photographers’ Gallery (FREE admission in London, UK)
- Panasonic + UNESCO: Beautiful 2015 World Heritage Calendar App for PCs & Tablets in Five Languages (FREE App)
- Nikon: Updated “NIKKOR & ACC” App: Now Available to Download for iPad (Version 1.1.0) / Android Tablet (Version 1.0.1) at No Cost (FREE App)
- Sony’s Touchless Shutter App Ver. 1.00 Available at No Cost for Several Sony Camera Models: Eliminate Camera Shake (FREE App)
- Intel® Security Battery Optimizer 2.0 (29 October 2015): Updated App for Android Smartphones & Tablets is Available at No Cost: To Extend Battery Life, Speed Up Your Device by Cleaning Up Memory & Storage, and Monitor Your Mobile Data Usage (FREE App)
- Stratasys’ New Recycling Program of 3D Printing Material Canisters & Cartridges for North American Customers Starts Today: Waste Disposal at No Charge (FREE disposal & recycling program)
- Samsung’s Software Development Kit (SDK) is Released: Third-party Developers are Invited to Help Build Next Samsung Wearable Prior to the Product Launch
- New Panasonic-Created Cloud Service Toolkit (CST) to Power IoT Infrastructure: CST is Available Royalty-Free for Qualifying Open-Source Projects or Paid License for Commercial Use
- Panasonic Will Share Intellectual Property to Speed Development of Internet of Things (IoT) Software & Services (Panasonic formally pledges to provide royalty-FREE access to software, patents and experience from its product ecosystem)
- Google Earth Pro is Now Available at No Cost: Interactive Imagery of Google Earth With Professional Tools for Business or Personal Use(FREE)
- Google Maps: New Street View App for Android and iOS: For the First Time You Can Tour Immersive 360-degree Imagery & Instantly Contribute Your Own to Google Maps
- Panasonic: New “NEYMAR JR. CRAZY SKILLS” Interactive Webpage at No Cost: True-to-life 3D Images of Neymar Jr.’s Superb Skills Can Be Viewed and Shared on Smartphones or Computers (FREE)
- Leica: M Magazine App is Available at No Cost & M Magazine No. 2 is Also Available: Dedicated to M Photography Via the Leica M Camera, Presenting Pictures Taken by Renowned Photographers (FREE M Magazine App)
- UrtheCast’s High-Resolution Camera on the ISS Captured & Released the World’s First Full-Color HD Videos of London, Boston and Barcelona from Space (UrtheCast Corp., the Earth Observation (EO) company, aims to open the world to anyone with an internet connection: FREE)
- Photography Copyright Kit (FREE)
- Samsung Canada + National Hockey League: Samsung Smartphones Offer Enhanced Personalization within Official NHL App, Exclusive Access to Branded ‘Inside the NHL Situation Room’ Videos & More
- Fujifilm: New ‘Pro Rental Service’ for Enthusiast & Professional Photographers and ‘Professional Repair Rental Program’ in USA: Effective March 16, 2015
- Nikon Canada Invites Canadian Residents to Nikon Image Space: An Online Service for Sharing Photos or Recording Memories (FREE online service for all Canadian residents to share & record images: FREE two GB of storage for everyone and Nikon camera owners get an extra FREE 18 GB of storage.)
- Fujifilm Camera Remote App (Updated: Sep. 24, 2015 Version: 1.2.0): Now Compatible With iOS9 for iPhone/iPad/iPod touch Users (FREE app)
- New NIKON IMAGE SPACE App Renewal at No Charge: Benefits Include Seeing Images Larger & Browsing Images Stored on Your Smart Device (FREE online photo sharing service + FREE renewal of smart device app for “NIKON IMAGE SPACE”)
- Canon PERSTEXT – New Version iOS App: To Design Your Photos with Text in Perspective + 12 New Filters + Enhanced Text Editing Functions: Now Available at No Cost (FREE)
- Canon’s Cloud-based Image Management Service, irista: No Cost for Up to 15GB + New Updates are Now Live (FREE 15GB of cloud storage space with full irista functionality)
- Canon Europe Acquires Lifecake – Baby Photo Timeline: A Photo-sharing App for Families to Create Photo & Video Timelines (Lifecake is available FREE for iPhone, iPad and Android)
- Canon Releases English-version PERSTEXT App for iOS for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch @ No Cost: Photo Editing to Insert Text with a Sense of Perspective to Saved Photos
- You’re Invited to the New Leica Fotopark: A Photo Platform for Passionate Photographers to Discover, Exchange, Organise, Create [Registration on www.leica-fotopark is FREE, as is the use of the platform for data volumes of up to ten gigabytes (GB)]
- You’re Invited: Download Leica Fotografie International App for iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad and Android
- Nikon’s New Download Center for Nikon Digital Cameras & Related Products: Offers Software & Manuals in 43 Languages
- Nikon: New NIKKOR Motion Gallery Series Features Short Films as New Possibilities of Video Imaging Through NIKKOR Lenses & Nikon Cameras
- Olympus: New Underwater Photo Gallery Showcases “The Beauty Below”: Fascinating Photographs of Underwater Wonders in Vivid Colours with Exquisite Details
- Sony Alpha Cameras: New “α Universe” Community Website to Engage, Empower and Inspire Photo & Video Enthusiasts
- Sony’s Global Imaging Ambassadors’ #FutureofCities: You’re Invited to Share Photos from Your Changing Cities
- Sony Imaging PRO Support at No Charge for Certain Professional Photographers Using α Camera Equipment in Germany: Effective Apr.1, 2015: Submit Applications Now
- Canada National Award for 2015 Sony World Photography Awards: Winner is George Ching-Yuen Lo from Vancouver
- Beautiful Fall Colours of Ontario’s Provincial Parks, Canada: Get “Ontario Parks Fall Colour” Report
- National Gallery of Canada and Imperial War Museums Ask You to Share Online Family Photos of World War 1
- Scarborough Subway Project Assessment-Line 2 Extension: Public Consultations Jan.31 & Feb.2, 2015 + Online Feedback
- Panasonic’s Medical Delivery Robot “HOSPI” in the “Center for Advanced Medical Robotics” in Thailand
- Celebrate: Fort York Visitor Centre (five new exhibitions inside the new Visitor Centre in 2014 – 2015)
- Put Food in the Budget: Please Urge Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne to Raise Social Assistance Rates Now!
- Please Urge Ontario Political Leaders to Keep Their Promise to End Poverty in Ontario by Taking Decisive Action
- Please Urge Premier Wynne to Increase Ontario Works’ Base Rate by $100 a Month & Not Cut the Special Diet Allowance
- C.A.P.I.C’s Victory: Canadian Photographers Officially Own the Copyright to All of Their Work Effective Nov.7, 2012
- Ontario Place: Transforming into a Year-Round, Multi-Use Waterfront Community & Urban Park for Canadians