This video presents an example of “An Ontario Adventure This Family Day”:
This is an update to my previous blogs:
Family Day is on February 20 this year, whereon exciting exhibitions, fun festivals and seasonal sports are taking place throughout Ontario, Canada.
Family Day is currently recognized as a holiday in two other provinces – Alberta and Saskatchewan.
Please add the following events to your itinerary of Family Day fun for February 18-20, 2012:
At the NFB Mediatheque in Toronto, Ontario: FREE
- FAMILY DAY WEEKEND: FAMILY STAY-CATION.
At Harbourfront Centre, Toronto, Ontario: FREE
- the FREE HarbourKIDS: SK8 Winter Festival is a great opportunity for you to “explore all forms of skating and winter culture from a child’s perspective!
- From beatboxing and urban art to skating and hot chocolate to music and movies, there’s something for kids of all ages to enjoy at HarbourKIDS: SK8 presented by RBC Play Hockey.”
At The Walter Carsen Centre for The National Ballet of Canada, Toronto, Ontario: FREE
- Celebrate Family Day by exploring movement together with some of our artists followed by an interactive performance by The National Ballet of Canada’s Apprentices.
At the Winterlude, Ottawa, Ontario:
- FREE Shuttle Bus
- Take the OLG Sno-Bus to travel between Winterlude sites.
- This free service is available every Saturday and Sunday during Winterlude: February 4, 5, 11, 12, 18 and 19.
- Please click here for more info about OLG Sno-Bus’ schedule and service.
- The Winterlude festivities are focused in three main locations:
- The Rogers Crystal Garden, in Confederation Park, is home to amazing ice sculptures.
- The Snowflake Kingdom, in Jacques-Cartier Park, is a kid’s paradise with snow slides and no shortage of outdoor fun.
- The Rideau Canal Skateway, which winds its way through downtown Ottawa, is the world’s largest skating rink.
- Please click here for a listing of some FREE events of Arts and Culture, which can be identified by the absence of both the $ sign and the label “Paid event” on the left-hand side of each listed Winterlude activity.
- 40 Eco Art photos form an exhibit at Dows Gallery on the Rideau Canal Skateway.
- Please click here for a listing of some FREE events of All Outdoor Sports and Recreation, which can be identified by the absence of both the $ sign and the label “Paid event” on the left-hand side of each listed Winterlude activity.
At Blue Mountain Village, Collingwood, Ontario: FREE
- Celebrate the annual Family Day at Ontario’s favourite ski Village with FREE activities for 3 days.
- Free-flying Birds of Prey shows by the Canadian Raptor Conservancy, Columbia Guided Snowshoeing, Horse & Carriage Rides, Face Painting, Fire Dance Show and FIREWORKS!
- For Village events information, contact Heather Harding Tel: 705-445-0231 x6205; email@example.com .
Happy Family Day!
You may also like: