This video shows Toronto parks’ beauty enthralling the visitors at:
- Bluffers Park – Waterfront Park System
- Eastern Beaches
- High Park
- Edwards Gardens
- Wilket Creek Central Don
Green Infrastructure Ontario Coalition informs us about an upcoming event of Park People in Toronto, Ontario, Canada:
Only 5 days left to register for
Toronto Park People’s
2nd Annual Park Summit
Connecting Toronto’s People and Parks
Saturday, May 12, 2012
from 1:30 PM – 5:30 PM
Evergreen Brick Works
Centre for Green Cities Building
550 Bayview Ave, Toronto
PWYC (Pay What You Can) Donation
If you’re a park person, you need to be at the Second Annual Toronto Park Summit to:
- “Meet park advocates, city staff, and experts together with community groups, city councillors, and concerned Torontonians to network, brainstorm, and work together to build momentum for better parks in Toronto.
- Learn how other Toronto residents are engaging in and improving their local parks, and help them generate ideas and create opportunities for better citizen engagement in our parks.
- The input they receive at the Summit will form the basis of a Solutions Paper that Park People is going to release in the fall with our ideas for how the City of Toronto can better work with local residents in our parks.
- Robert Hammond, Executive Director and Co-founder of Friends of the High Line,New York City, will deliver the keynote address.”
- The High Line was an abandoned, elevated rail line about a mile and a half from Gansevoort Street to 34th Street in the Chelsea neighborhood on the lower west side of Manhattan, New York, US
- Thanks to Robert Hammond, New York’s High Line underwent an extreme green makeover and transformation into an elevated park—”part promenade, part town square, part botanical garden” – and is now one of the world’s greatest public spaces
For this year’s Summit, Park People is asking for a suggested donation of $20 to help them offset the cost of the Toronto Park Summit event.
- Park People is a project of Tides Canada, a registered charity
- and they rely on donations to undertake their work.
The Toronto Park Summit is sponsored by TD Bank Group and supported by Mitchell Cohen and Janice Lewis.
Please click here for agenda, speakers, and registration.
You may also like:
- You’re Invited: Comic Artist’s Exhibition & Musical Talk-May 4 & 7, Toronto Comic Arts Festival May 5-6, 2012
- Put Food In The Budget Campaign Tour Starts Apr.19/12: Voice Your Concerns About Premier McGuinty’s Budget