This video presents “Trish Hennessy – raising Ontario’s minimum wage”:
According to the Interfaith Social Assistance Reform Coalition (ISARC), full-time, full-year work at Ontario’s new minimum wage of $10.25 an hour generates earnings that are approximately $3,000 below the poverty line.
ISARC urges us to join or support the Campaign to Raise the Minimum Wage, which is a province-wide day of action as follows:
Melt the freeze! Raise the minimum wage!
- Ministry of Labour Office, 400 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada; 12 pm in EDT
- Jerry Ouellette’s constituency office, 170 Athol St East, Oshawa, Ontario, Canada; 12 pm in EDT
- 2570 Dougall Ave, Unit #2 Windsor, Ontario; 11 am in EDT
- Jeff Leal’s Constituency Office, 236 King St., Peterborough, Ontario; 11 am in EDT
- Other coordinated actions in cities across Ontario: Melt the freeze actions are happening in at least 10 cities across Ontario this week, including Ottawa, Hamilton, York Region, Kingston, Belleville, Welland, Kitchener-Waterloo and Suddbury!
Thursday, March 21, 2013
Ontario’s minimum wage has been frozen for three years, while the cost of living continues to rise:
- On March 21st, communities around Ontario will be coming together for a decent minimum wage
Join them as they call for an immediate increase in Ontario’s minimum wage!
- The minimum wage should bring workers and their families above the poverty line
That means Ontario’s minimum wage should be $14 in 2013
A minimum wage increase is an investment in healthy communities and good jobs for workers in Ontario
- The Campaign to Raise the Minimum Wage is coordinated by ACORN, Freedom 90, Mennonite New Life Centre, OCAP, Parkdale Community Legal Services, Put Food in the Budget, Social Planning Toronto, Toronto and York Region Labour Council and Workers’ Action Centre
You can get involved!
- Endorse the campaign
- Organize an action in your city
- Sign up for a delegation visit to your MPP
- Email: raisetheminimumwage@gmail.
- Phone (416) 531-2411, ext. 246
You may also want to know:
- Please Petition Walmart to Sign onto Fire Safety Inspection Program Supported by Bangladeshi to Prevent Tragedies
- “Mobile Security: McAfee Consumer Trends Report” Reveals Sophisticated and Complex Risky Apps in 2013
- McAfee Canada 2013 Love, Relationships and Technology Survey: Pitfalls of Couples Sharing Personal Data & Passwords
- Please Urge Premier Wynne to Increase Ontario Works’ Base Rate by $100 a Month & Not Cut the Special Diet Allowance
- You’re Invited to Women’s Day Celebration in Toronto: “Gaining Momentum: Women and Technology” Event Mar.11, 2013
- You’re Invited: Toronto’s Chief Planner Roundtable Series on City Building Themes Feb.26, Mar.5 & Apr. 2, 2013
- TTC: Certain Transit Passes are Eligible for a Tax Credit + Partial Closure of Bloor-Danforth Subway Feb.9-10, 2013
- Quebec Calling for Social Economy Projects in Metropolitan Area of Montreal: Apply for 2013-2014 FIRM Funding
- You’re Invited: More Special Events in Toronto January 2013 (The Intoxication Exhibition’s last date is April 10, 2013)
- McAfee & Intel Offer New Digital Life Protection Service in Beta to Partners Now & Its Consumer Version in Mid-2013
- C.A.P.I.C’s Victory: Canadian Photographers Officially Own the Copyright to All of Their Work Effective Nov.7, 2012
- McAfee Threats Report: Third Quarter 2012 Reveals Cybercrime Techniques & Global Expansion of Cybercrime
- ‘McAfee All Access 2013′: An Enhanced Cross-Device Security Product for PCs, Macs, & Android-Based Phones & Tablets
- Toronto Tests Sidewalk Surfaces + Part of Bloor-Danforth Subway to Close Dec.1-2, 2012 & Other TTC News
- Ontario Proposes Regulations to Limit Access to Generic OxyContin: Your Comments Before Dec.24, 2012 at 5 P.M. EST
- Ontario Place: Transforming into a Year-Round, Multi-Use Waterfront Community & Urban Park for Canadians
- Gentec Announces Canadian Distribution of the ION Air Pro™Camera that Crossed Niagara Falls with Nik Wallenda