3rd annual Everyday Heroes Film Festival 2012
April 13 – 22, 2012
Going environ-MENTAL: Cool Tricks to Solve Climate Change
Showcasing great film, video and animation with an environmental focus by Canadian youth aged 13–24.
The 3rd annual Everyday Heroes Film Festival’s highlights include:
- reaching over two million viewers a day
- unique in North America
- the festival plays on Onestop’s TTC subway platform screens in Toronto, Ontario, and on screens in malls across Canada
- Everyday Heroes plays every 10 minutes on the network of 300 TTC subway platform screens in 60 stations across Toronto.
- The Everyday Heroes Festival also plays once every 5 minutes on screens in 35 Ivanhoe Cambridge Shopping Centers in communities across Canada.
- all official selections will also be featured on the Everyday Heroes Festival website
- Finalists are featured on the Everyday Heroes website, where viewing and voting take place during the festival.
- Films continue to be available year-round, which means that there is an ever-growing library of films from past festivals.
- Viewers can rate and comment on all the films in the collection throughout the year.
- showcasing truly unique and wholly creative one-minute eco-films at the same time Earth Week is celebrated around the world
- new this year, the Everyday Heroes Festival is now focused on Canadian youth, and the theme of Climate Change
“Our actions are changing our climate in a way that is negatively affecting our health and the ability of some parts of the world to meet the basic necessities of life (food, clothing, shelter).
Show us a cool trick you think could help solve climate change or tell us about someone who’s already doing something about it. Either way, we want to know what you think and give you the chance to win some great prizes!”
The requirements for participating in the Everyday Heroes Film Festival are:
- Submissions must be 60 seconds and silent
- You must be living in Canada
- Also, you must be between the ages of 13 and 24
Submission is FREE.
Everyday Heroes Festival is produced by:
- Onestop Media Group,
- Art for Commuters,
- Earth Day Canada,
- Planet in Focus Environmental Film and Video Festival,
- NFB Mediatheque
Everyday Heroes Festival Prizes sponsored by Aeroplan are:
- Ist Prize – Panasonic Camcorder
- 2nd Prize – Apple iPad2
- 3rd Prize – Pentax Digital GPS Camera
- VIEWERS CHOICE AWARD (most online votes)
You can upload your film to Everyday Heroes website, or mail it to them, accompanied by a submission form.
Also, please note that:
- Films submitted by mail must be postmarked by February 25th.
- Films uploaded to Everyday Heroes website must be submitted by 11:59 pm on March 1st.
Everyday Heroes Festival
300-266 King St. West
Toronto, ON M5V 1H8
Good Luck / Bonne Chance!
You may also want to know: