Your Passionate Hearts!
With a standing ovation, we applaud you for your passion in seizing the opportunities to do good to people. Thank you for making our world a better place by helping people be happier, healthier, and/or to significantly improve the standards/qualities of living as well as our living environments. Here you are; and many more passionate hearts will be added to our ‘Passionate Hearts’ list.
- James Cameron is a Canadian film director, producer, screenwriter, editor and inventor
- James Cameron is the movie director of ‘Avatar’
- James Cameron was being a green genius in the making of his brilliant 3-D epic ‘Avatar’
- ‘Avatar’ is an awesome declaration that Green rules
- ‘Avatar’ celebrates the interactive love and connectivity among peoples as well as between peoples and the environment
- George Clooney is an actor in movies such as ‘Ocean’s Thirteen’
- George Clooney is known for his amazing accomplishment of connecting Hollywood to Haiti to help Haiti in a heartbeat
- his heart-warming humanitarian work in making the ‘Hope of Haiti Now’ Telethon possible
- ‘Hope of Haiti Now’ Telethon was a brilliant and admirable act of gathering his rich and famous friends (actors, actresses, directors, producers, singers and musicians) to be on the lifeline of receiving phone calls for donations on behalf of aid organizations which brought aid to the earthquake victims in Haiti
- thanks to George Clooney, the telethon was a sensational success in raising more than $58 million on January 23, 2010, a new telethon record for donations by the general public, which did not include the amount from corporations and large private donors, or iTunes sales figures;
- John Travolta is an actor in movies such as ‘Saturday Night Fever’;
- even while John Travolta suffered the grief of losing his son in January 2009, he flew his own Boeing 707 to to the Haiti capital, Port-au-Prince, to bring much needed aid which included six tonnes of ready-to-eat military rations and medical supplies;
- John Travolta spoke passionately from his heart about his deed: “Asolutely – I think help is probably the biggest button on the planet, people need to help each other.”
Bill and Melinda Gates:
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation has awarded US$255 million to Rotary International in the global effort to eradicate polio, bringing the total committed by Rotary and the Gates Foundation to $555 million. Polio is a crippling and sometimes fatal disease that still paralyzes children in parts of Africa, Asia, and the Middle East and threatens children everywhere
- Bill Gates gave a baby the oral polio vaccine at the Shadnagar community health clinic in Andhra Pradesh, India, in 2002.
- Rotary will spend the grant in direct support of immunization activities carried out by the Global Polio Eradication Initiative, which is spearheaded by RI and its partners , the World Health Organization, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and UNICEF. Rotary will distribute the funds through grants to WHO and UNICEF.
- about 1820 – March 10, 1913
- Harriet Tubman was born as a slave in Maryland, but escaped to freedom
- Harriet Tubman was known as the Moses of the Underground Railroad because she led more than 70 slaves to the North and to Canada to their freedom
- Harriet Tubman spoke against slavery
- Harriet Tubman also spoke for the rights of women and African Americans
- was a nurse, scout, spy and soldier in the U.S. Army in South Carolina; and as the first woman to lead an armed expedition in the war, she guided the raid on the Combahee River, which freed more than 700 slaves during the Civil War
- set up a home for very poor, aged African Americans
- Harriet Tubman expressed her love and gratitude for her new found freedom with these passionate words:
“I looked at my hands to see if I was the same person: Now I was free. There was such a glory over everything. The sun came up like gold through the trees, and over the fields, and I felt like I was in heaven.”
- She also inspired people to go above and beyond as follows:
“Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”
Thanks to Rick E., Harriet Tubman is now our 5th passionate heart on our Passionate Hearts List.
The above heart-warming actions of these individuals’ passion to connect, give or help people deserve our recognition and attention. We would love to hear from you if you have any comments. And if you would like to add a person on our Passionate Hearts List, please send us the name of the person and the reason(s) why you think this person should be on our list. We need your help to make our ‘Passionate Hearts’ list grow and flourish forever!