This is an update to my previous blog 800-Block Robson St. & Vancouver Art Gallery’s North Plaza: Public Consultations Oct.15 & 17, 2012 .
Envisioning Block 51
- is bounded by Robson Street, Howe Street, Hornby Street and W. Georgia Street (as shown in the image above)
- includes the 800-block of Robson Street (between Hornby and Howe) and the Vancouver Art Gallery’s North Plaza
Block 51 have “long been the centre for Vancouverites to socialize, and display civil democracy and creative expression“ in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.
Two timely initiatives are now driving the City’s interest in finding out how the public uses these spaces.
Vancouver City staff are investigating:
The public’s level of support for permanent closure of the 800-block of Robson Street.
The public’s current and desired use of the 800-block of Robson Street and the North Plaza of the Vancouver Art Gallery.
The Block 51 survey is now live at fluidsurveys.com/s/Block51/ :
- It will be up until Monday, November 12
- Please take a moment to fill out the survey
- Let the Vancouver City Council know:
- how you would like to see 800-block Robson Street and the Vancouver Art Gallery North Plaza used in the future
- whether you support the permanent closure of 800-block Robson Street to create a pedestrian plaza
- Survey results will be given to the designers of the Vancouver Art Gallery North Plaza
- The feedback regarding 800-block Robson Street will be included in the report to Vancouver City Council
If you could please help them out by sharing the survey link with your networks, via email or social media, it would be greatly appreciated:
- And if you are tweeting, please add the hashtag #Block51 to your tweets
For more information about this project, please visit vancouver.ca/block51 .
You may also want to know:
- Roberto Rossini: Toronto’s New Deputy City Manager & Chief Financial Officer Will Start on Jan.7, 2013
- You’re Invited: Alliance Française’s Photography Exhibition of Elkaim’s Keepers of Memory Oct.25-Dec.20, 2012
- You’re Invited: Alliance Française de Toronto’s Photo Exhibitions & Lecture in October 2012 to Dec. 14
- Metro Vancouver’s Social Purpose Real Estate: Do the Rent-Lease-Own? Survey for a Chance to Win an iPad
- Ontario Place: Transforming into a Year-Round, Multi-Use Waterfront Community & Urban Park for Canadians
- Gentec Announces Canadian Distribution of the ION Air Pro™Camera that Crossed Niagara Falls with Nik Wallenda
- McAfee Alert: One in Every Six Personal Computers – Zero Protection; Canada is 7th Least Protected Country