The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) informs us that there is ongoing, scheduled construction on the Union Station Second Platform Project in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- “The Union Station Second Subway Platform and Concourse Improvements Project is one of Waterfront Toronto’s (WT) priority projects
- By adding a second subway platform and expanding the concourse to include a single TTC fare-paid area and pedestrian by-pass routes, the TTC will reduce overcrowding and improve passenger circulation”:
- Construction start: January 2011
- Project completion: 2014
- Location: Corner of Front and Bay Street
- Ridership: More than 250,000 passengers daily. Union Station is the sixth busiest subway station in Toronto
- Cost: $137.5 million for second subway extension
- Sustainability: In 2010, the TTC diverted 77% of its solid waste from landfills
- Please click here for more info about the Union Station Second Subway Platform and Concourse Improvements Project
Hence, there is no subway service between Union and St Andrew Stations today, November 10, and Sunday, November 11:
- All trains on the Yonge line will terminate southbound at Union Station
- All trains on the University-Spadina line will terminate southbound at St Andrew Station
- Please use the following streetcar services to connect between subway lines:
- For customers who require accessible transit between Union and St Andrew stations, an accessible Wheel-Trans vehicle will be available
- Customers are asked to speak with any uniformed TTC employee
Regular subway service will resume on Monday, November 12 at 6 a.m.
Also, the following info is an update to my previous blog TTC: No Subway Service Between Union and St Andrew Stations Sept.8-9 & Meetings Sept.15 & Nov.15:
- On Thursday, November 15, 2012, the TTC invites you to share your experiences and priorities with the TTC at the following Town Hall – Public Meeting because they want to improve their services:
City Hall-Council Chambers
6:30pm – 7:00pm, One-on-One
7:00pm – 9:00pm, Town Hall
- Participate via Twitter: #TTCtownhall
TTC Contact Info
- Information on fares, routes, schedules and service
- 416-393-4636 (INFO)
- Recorded information available 24 hours daily
- Operator-assisted service is available from 8:00am to 6:00pm daily, except statutory holidays
- TTY Hearing Impaired Service, 416-481-2523, Daily, 8:00am-6:00pm; except statutory holidays.
- Main Switchboard
- Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
City of Toronto Contact Info
Phone within Toronto city limits: 311
Phone outside city limits: 416-392-CITY (2489)
(can be used within Toronto if you can’t reach 311)
TTY customers: 416-338-0TTY (0889)
If your matter is urgent, please call them. They are open 24/7.
Always call 911 for emergencies.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
TTC subway service advisory – November 10-11
November 7, 2012
Ongoing, scheduled construction on the Union Station Second Platform Project, will result in no subway service between Union and St Andrew Stations on Saturday, November 10 and Sunday, November 11.
All trains on the Yonge line will terminate southbound at Union Station. All trains on the University-Spadina line will terminate southbound at St Andrew Station. Use the 506 Carlton, 505 Dundas, 501 Queen or 504 King streetcar services to connect between subway lines.
For customers who require accessible transit between Union and St Andrew stations, an accessible Wheel-Trans vehicle will be available. Customers are asked to speak with any uniformed TTC employee.
You may also want to know:
- Invite: Lynn Kelly’s Artwork at World of Threads Festival: Protrusion Nov.9 – Dec.1 & Meet Kelly Nov.9, 2012
- Roberto Rossini: Toronto’s New Deputy City Manager & Chief Financial Officer Will Start on Jan.7, 2013
- You’re Invited: Alliance Française’s Photography Exhibition of Elkaim’s Keepers of Memory Oct.25-Dec.20, 2012
- You’re Invited: Alliance Française de Toronto’s Photo Exhibitions & Lecture in October 2012 to Dec. 14
- Metro Vancouver’s Social Purpose Real Estate: Do the Rent-Lease-Own? Survey for a Chance to Win an iPad
- “Exporting into New Markets: China and Hong Kong”: Free Event for Companies Located Within Toronto Nov.8, 8:15 AM
- Ontario Place: Transforming into a Year-Round, Multi-Use Waterfront Community & Urban Park for Canadians
- Gentec Announces Canadian Distribution of the ION Air Pro™Camera that Crossed Niagara Falls with Nik Wallenda
- McAfee Alert: One in Every Six Personal Computers – Zero Protection; Canada is 7th Least Protected Country