NFB Mediatheque invites you to the following FREE event, Interactive Aquarium Exhibit, and frugal event, Animation Workshop for Families:
“The NFB Mediatheque will be offering a number of undersea adventures in animation over the summer months inspired by the NFB’s latest achievement in stop-motion animation:
A Sea Turtle Story
Official Selection, TIFF Kids 2012
A moving and exquisite stop-motion animated film that chronicles the life cycle of this critically endangered species.
Capturing the beauty of the ecosystems that sea turtles inhabit, the film is ideal for all audiences, and for teaching young and old alike about these fascinating creatures of the sea. Directed by Kathy Shultz.”
INTERACTIVE AQUARIUM EXHIBIT
“Immerse yourself in our FREE interactive aquarium with your own journey into the depths of mysterious water-worlds. With experienced NFB animators to help keep you afloat, you’ll be sure to make a splash!
Drop-in anytime we are open! No registration required. All ages welcome.”
- Beginning June 16 and available until August 31, 2012.
ANIMATION WORKSHOPS FOR FAMILIES
“Excited to see A Sea Turtle Story? FREE special screenings* will be offered at the following events:
WEEKENDS IN JULY | Life’s a Beach (3D Clay) Dig for treasure, play some volleyball or build a towering sandcastle on our sandy shores!
WEEKENDS IN AUGUST | Motion in the Ocean (2D Clay) Swimming, surfing, scuba-diving, waterskiing… there’s all kinds of animated fun to be had in the sea!
Can’t Sit Still | Saturdays at 10:30 AM for children aged 3 to 5
Animate This! | Saturdays and Sundays at 12:30 PM for children aged 6 to 13
Screening Program | Saturdays and Sundays at 12 PM for all ages
Be sure to register ahead of time by calling 416-973-3012, and everything will go swimmingly!
- $5/child; FREE for accompanying adults.
- *Free screenings are only available to Can’t Sit Still and Animate This! participants. For anyone else interested in seeing the film, the admission price will be $2/person.
- **The NFB Mediatheque will be closed Sunday, July 1, 2012.”
Location for the above events:
150 John Street
Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3C3
You may also like:
- McAfee Alert: One in Every Six Personal Computers – Zero Protection; Canada is 7th Least Protected Country
- Please Petition Conservative MPs to Reject Bill C-38: Canadians’ Well-Being & Environmental Ethics are at Stake!
- TTC 2012: More Popular Routes’ Services-Starts May 6; No Subway Service Between Warden & Kennedy-May 12-13; LRT Update