“On October 4, 2012, the Interfaith Social Assistance Reform Coalition (ISARC) is organizing a thanksgiving-themed interfaith prayer vigil. Each day in Ontario, Canada, people struggle with low-incomes to meet the basic necessities of life, e.g. food, clothing, housing, etc. During the Thanksgiving Day holiday season, in our wealthy province, must so many people depend on foodbank handouts?
On this day, faith communities will be holding prayer vigils in various municipalities in Ontario in solidarity for the eradication of poverty in Ontario. The central prayer vigil will take place at Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Please join the gathering and offer your support to ensure public policy is informed by a moral framework that recognizes human dignity, social and economic justice, and respect.”
Updates will be provided as other local interfaith groups organize themselves and make local plans:
October 4, 2012
12:00 pm to 1:00 pm
by the Micah 6:8 wall at City Hall
400 City Hall Square East, Windsor, Ontario
Contact: Rev. Kevin Rogers 519-971-7664
Interfaith Social Assistance Reform Coalition (ISARC) Contact Info:
You may also want to know:
- For a Free Pass to an Environmental Film Festival, Provide a Spare Room to a Visiting Filmmaker Oct.10-14, 2012
- Ontario Place: Transforming into a Year-Round, Multi-Use Waterfront Community & Urban Park for Canadians
- Gentec Announces Canadian Distribution of the ION Air Pro™Camera that Crossed Niagara Falls with Nik Wallenda
- McAfee Alert: One in Every Six Personal Computers – Zero Protection; Canada is 7th Least Protected Country
- 2014 Federation of Canadian Municipalities Sustainability Conference & Trade Show’s Host: Charlottetown, PEI